Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hids/headlights

spikes

hi guys,hope someone can help :) I fitted hids to my IS seem very bright so set them on the lowest setting and went for a drive, no one has flashed yet.the problem is if the car is loaded up they maybe to high so is it easy to adjust them lower without going to a garage. had a quick look last night but couldnt see a way of adjustment. :)

I have HID's and the beam level is set to '0' and no-one has flashed me yet. But yes the headlights can be adjusted using the adjusting screws on the back of the headlights, there's one for lefty/righty and one for uppy/downy.

The adjustment is detailed here. Click.

hi guys,hope someone can help :) I fitted hids to my IS seem very bright so set them on the lowest setting and went for a drive, no one has flashed yet.the problem is if the car is loaded up they maybe to high so is it easy to adjust them lower without going to a garage. had a quick look last night but couldnt see a way of adjustment. :)

i have 8k fitted, when i get flashed i just flash back

agree with above you get flashed you flash back i have a secret wepon though 10k's in headlights and 8k in full beam. :winky: take that mr flasher.

not that wise though, if...

a...its a copper

b.... the person you just flashed crashes, or runs someone over

if your lights are dazzling someone you can be done for it, so surely the best advice, is ensure the settings are as close to natural as possible...why go out your way to annoy other road users.....

im not saying im a goody two shoes, but common, theres good advice, and theres bad advice :unsure:

agree with above you get flashed you flash back i have a secret wepon though 10k's in headlights and 8k in full beam. :winky: take that mr flasher.

a...its a copper

if your lights are dazzling someone you can be done for it, so surely the best advice, is ensure the settings are as close to natural as possible...why go out your way to annoy other road users.....

im not saying im a goody two shoes, but common, theres good advice, and theres bad advice :unsure:

your right matt, had no problems yet but i will be getting them checked/reset :)

a...its a copper

my lights are set fine and set on a mot beam tester.

yep, some MOT places are very switched on, ive known 2 cars fail

however the majority, if the beam pattern is set right, will pass the car

i am working on a device which will allow the beam to be adjusted using the is200 internal electronic height adjuster, with the is300 motorised HID lights at the mo, but its been put on hold ...for a small while

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links