Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Member From Au

99GXE10R

Hey Guys

I'm leigh from melbourne AU, i've recently bought a black IS200 sport luxury 6sp manual in black, about a month ago.

It's taken me a while to sign up but i've been lurking the forums for awhile now.

Just thought i'd drop by and introduce myself, i've got a lot of plans for my new lex which i'll no doubt need your help with in the near future.

in the mean time, enjoy the pics of my new ride =)

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

Cheers guys

welcome mate.... nice car so whats the plans for the car?ps can you not get smaller p plates or put them some place less noticable??

Cheers mate

First up i'm planning to just neaten up the look a bit, get a proper detail done on it, a dark tint on the windows, and i want to replace all the lights with the JDM style black housing ones.

I'm also going to do something with the stock rims rather than replacing with aftermarket for now, i'm thinking either repainting them in a graphite sort of colour, or painting the centre of the rims a black colour ( i saw this on the lextasy site, they had it advertised as a decal you could buy but i figured painting would be just as easy )

Can't really decide which i'd rather do, any suggestions?

In the long run i'd like to do some sort of supercharger conversion, but right now i'm on my P plates so i'll have to wait another year to do that, and i've also learnt the TTE compressor kit's been discontinued.

Somebody's suggested an Eaton TVS to me, but i guess i'll look into that in greater detail when i come closer to being able to charge it.

Unfortunately with the P plates, they by law have to be a certain size, and they say you're supposed to display them in the top right of the front and back windscreen, however you can get away with having them anywhere on the front or back. it'll matter less when i've got my dark tint done this week =)

welcome Leigh

looks a nice one :)

whats a "P" plate for ?? :blink:

Hi Bazza

P plate is to designate that i'm a "probationary driver" - meaning i'm still in my first 3 years of driving. we've got L plates we have to display when we have a learner's permit, and when we pass our driving test at age 18, we're given these P plates to show. for the first year there are a whole host of restrictions including the number of passengers you can carry, etc, but those get lifted in the second year.

there are however power restrictions all the way through your "P's" meaning that i am not allowed to drive anything with:

Performance enhancing modifications

more than 125kw/tonne

a turbo or supercharger, unless it is a diesel or if the engine CC's are less than 1 litre.

Or in otherwords, anything that's fun.

It's fairly easy to get away with things like a supercharger kit as long as you don't drive around like a tool drawing attention to yourself, but you don't want to run the risk of the police pulling you over and making you an appointment with a mandatory Dyno test. this happens once in a blue moon, but i've had a friend see his Holden confiscated this way before.

seems a bit harsh ! but it probably cuts down on the accidents through inexperienced drivers

strange when you consider a 17 year old in the UK can pass their test and jump in a highly modified or very powerful car, their only restriction is being able to afford the insurance premiums :whistling:

hi mate nice plans their!ye the tte kit is rare now unless your lucky and find one before anyone else see's it.as for the jdm headlights you can do this yourself........remove the lights put them in the oven peel the lense off remove the inside and paint mat black.....very easy to do i and many other owners have done this heres a pic when i first did mine

4389845714a9770151471l.jpg

4389845714a9770151610l.jpg

4389845714a9770151518l.jpg

and the final product

4389845714a9770151642l.jpg

ps if you did fit a charger people would know they are loud wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!amazing

hi mate nice plans their!ye the tte kit is rare now unless your lucky and find one before anyone else see's it.as for the jdm headlights you can do this yourself........remove the lights put them in the oven peel the lense off remove the inside and paint mat black.....very easy to do i and many other owners have done this heres a pic when i first did mine

4389845714a9770151471l.jpg

4389845714a9770151610l.jpg

4389845714a9770151518l.jpg

and the final product

4389845714a9770151642l.jpg

ps if you did fit a charger people would know they are loud wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!amazing

Hey thanks for your help mate.. i've heard before that if you don't do it properly the first hint of rain they'll mist up? is it difficult to do it properly?

i've been quoted about $600 AU (320 GBP) for a pair of genuine toyota black lights.

Yeah i can't wait to do a charger kit, but because of these green P's i've gotta wait a fair while

PS. just got reversed into by a taxi and now i'm up for a new bonnet... guess the mods are gonna take a back seat for a couple of weeks.

seems a bit harsh ! but it probably cuts down on the accidents through inexperienced drivers

strange when you consider a 17 year old in the UK can pass their test and jump in a highly modified or very powerful car, their only restriction is being able to afford the insurance premiums :whistling:

Yeah very true, yet somehow insurance premiums are still ridiculous for under 25 males here anyway.

Yeah i've heard all the horror stories about boy racers being bought m3's from their parents and rolling them etc..

unfortunately no powerful car restrictions could stop the taxi driver reversing into me tonight.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links