Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Brake Upgrade For Is200

Sirrion

I have the LS400 calipers and supra discs on my car.

If you are running standard IS200 alloys you will need a substantial spacer to clear the brakes. I tried to fit a set of stock rims over the calipers and they weren't even close to fitting even with a 10mm spacer on. I am guessing you will need at least 15mm spacers and maybe even bigger ones but not sure.

The other problem you then have is that your wheels will be sitting too far out and will likely rub the arches.

I currently have a set of 19" OZ superleggeras on and I still had to shave a couple of mm off the caliper face and fit 1-2mm spacers to safely clear the brakes. I am guessing i will have problems If I ever try to fit new wheels on the car.

Other than clearance issues you will also have to be sure your brakes are very well bled and may have to adjust your brake pedal travel. The reason being that the LS400 calipers require a much bigger master cylinder to push more fluid in order to operate properly. The stock IS master cylinder struggles to push enough fluid so any tiny air bubbles in there at all will cause a very very spongey pedal feel. And as you have to push the pedal further for the same results you may need to adjust you pedal travel out so you are not close to hitting the floor when braking hard.

I have the LS400 calipers and supra discs on my car.

If you are running standard IS200 alloys you will need a substantial spacer to clear the brakes. I tried to fit a set of stock rims over the calipers and they weren't even close to fitting even with a 10mm spacer on. I am guessing you will need at least 15mm spacers and maybe even bigger ones but not sure.

The other problem you then have is that your wheels will be sitting too far out and will likely rub the arches.

I currently have a set of 19" OZ superleggeras on and I still had to shave a couple of mm off the caliper face and fit 1-2mm spacers to safely clear the brakes. I am guessing i will have problems If I ever try to fit new wheels on the car.

Other than clearance issues you will also have to be sure your brakes are very well bled and may have to adjust your brake pedal travel. The reason being that the LS400 calipers require a much bigger master cylinder to push more fluid in order to operate properly. The stock IS master cylinder struggles to push enough fluid so any tiny air bubbles in there at all will cause a very very spongey pedal feel. And as you have to push the pedal further for the same results you may need to adjust you pedal travel out so you are not close to hitting the floor when braking hard.

From what I know he has 18" TTE rims and he has bought the calipers. So he must find definetely find a set a spacers otherwise his calipes will go to the bin.

sounds like a bit too much agro really. think il leave that one!! lol

You can get a kit from Figs so you can use Supra disc & stock IS callipers with OE 17". Should give a little improvement in stopping power & big improvement in aesthetics without requiring spacers.

is300install-4.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links