Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Is The Best Lexus Ls430?

Hi

I looked at a 4 year old LS430 and fell in love immediately! My LS400 is a 97 model and will be my faithful friend, until I find the 'right' next car. The car I want will have the air suspension, rear fridge, reversing camera, vibrating and reclining rear seats, turning headlights, blinds, etc etc - is a car possible to buy with this spec AND be in the lower VED (car tax) figure? Oops did I say full Lexus service history AND low mileage.....................!

I know someone really clever will be able to help a novice enthusiast!

Kindest regards to such a lovely bunch,

David

ps Just thought a DVD would be good in the back of the seats for the kids...................

pps does Santa deliver to older kids?!

Hi David, 'deja-vu' here.

My V reg 99 LS 400 was a great car which I loved to bits until I looked at a 2006 LS430

All the toys, and when parked next to the 400 she really made the old girl look her age.

I'm pretty sure all 430's will be in the upper tax band, had my renewal this morning £405 for the year. £440 next (I think)

Just returned from a long weekend up North and after driving nearly 900 miles still feel fresh and wouldn't complain if I had to do another 900 tomorrow.

Will post some pics tomorrow of one of my new Dunlops that I had put on last week. Had a rear puncture at 50mph in the roadwork section of the M25. Felt something was wrong but put it down to the state of the road (what other car could you drive at 50mph on three tyres and not think there was something wrong) Only realised what had happened when the smell of burning rubber was wafting through the car. Tyre was completely shredded, not sure if it's buckled the wheel, will get it looked at.

Can't praise the rescue fellas enough. Blocked half of the nearside lane (sorry if anyone was caught in the tailback) they were there within 7 minutes, car straight on the trailer, taken to the contractors site where the facilities for breakdown victims were brilliant (tea,coffee, toilets,waiting area, all spotlessly clean, all free.) RAC were there within 10 mins,(just wanted reassurance that no other damage was done) and they changed the wheel and checked everything was OK. Not a nice thing to happen, but thinking about what could have been, am counting our blessings.

ps. if anyone's got a new Dunlop for sale???

Personally I prefer the slightly facelifted ones that came in around 2004 - they look a lot neater and the front and rear with slight restyling.

I think all the facelifted ones were fully loaded, only option was ACC (adaptive cruise) which you'll notice by a square radar area around the Lexus logo on the front grille.

I'm pretty sure all 430's will be in the upper tax band, had my renewal this morning £405 for the year. £440 next (I think)

Not true actually, for the moment anything registered before March 2006 sits in the old tax band structure so as long as they don't do another u-turn on the road tax rules they're all in the £220 band as mentioned above.

Not true actually, for the moment anything registered before March 2006 sits in the old tax band structure so as long as they don't do another u-turn on the road tax rules they're all in the £220 band as mentioned above.

Your'e right Parthiban. Upper rates apply to 430's registered after March 2006 to August 2006. Mine was registered 19th June ( How's your luck)

Hi David, 'deja-vu' here.

My V reg 99 LS 400 was a great car which I loved to bits until I looked at a 2006 LS430

All the toys, and when parked next to the 400 she really made the old girl look her age.

Just returned from a long weekend up North and after driving nearly 900 miles still feel fresh and wouldn't complain if I had to do another 900 tomorrow.

Will post some pics tomorrow of one of my new Dunlops that I had put on last week. Had a rear puncture at 50mph in the roadwork section of the M25. Felt something was wrong but put it down to the state of the road (what other car could you drive at 50mph on three tyres and not think there was something wrong) Only realised what had happened when the smell of burning rubber was wafting through the car. Tyre was completely shredded, not sure if it's buckled the wheel, will get it looked at.

Can't praise the rescue fellas enough. Blocked half of the nearside lane (sorry if anyone was caught in the tailback) they were there within 7 minutes, car straight on the trailer, taken to the contractors site where the facilities for breakdown victims were brilliant (tea,coffee, toilets,waiting area, all spotlessly clean, all free.) RAC were there within 10 mins,(just wanted reassurance that no other damage was done) and they changed the wheel and checked everything was OK. Not a nice thing to happen, but thinking about what could have been, am counting our blessings.

ps. if anyone's got a new Dunlop for sale???

Hi

Seems like a natural progression and one that I am sure I will make as soon as the right car comes along! I am not sure I like the 460/600 styling, but maybe the later cars will grow on me. Thanks for the info.

PS A long time ago there was an advert for a Citroen BX having a blow-out at speed...........................and as a former owner of a BX16V................the LS400/430 is a drastically better car......................but you know those humble car are stll very comfy!

Kindest regards,

David

Brilliant info, thanks as I really do want to go for a late car and still want to pay the lower VED......................does that make me very stingy?!

I have been also wondering about LPG........................Santa has a very long list now!

Kindest regards,

David

Your'e right Parthiban. Upper rates apply to 430's registered after March 2006 to August 2006. Mine was registered 19th June ( How's your luck)

OOps at bad luck, but then I have also been told that if you can't afford to run a particular car PROPERLY, then don't buy it!

Maybe that's why I sold my Rolls Royce Silver Spirit last year, before the bodywork started to show signs.

To go off the subject a bit, compared to the RR, the Lexus is amazingly frugal..............just don't get my other half started on this subject as she will never ride in the LS400, except when we are towing the caravan................preferring to use her 94 Toyota Corolla 1.3..............great car, but ............................the indignity of life!

Kindest regards

David

ive had 2 ls430s a 2002 and now a 2004. the early models pre 2002 you will need to get with the premium pack which is vibro seats/fridge etc

2002 onwards premium pack is included as standard

if you go for the 2003 onwards facelift you get premium pack as standard, you also get ( which the earlier model does not have) reverse camera and park assist, voice recognition, improved sat nav, larger wheels( i think), 6 gears instead of 5, Bluetooth, rear illuminated vanity mirrors

or to put it another way gadget wise 2003 onwards facelift model is much better spec and no difference in price

my 2004 is much better than my 2002 and slightly more economical too

hope this helps - good luck

ive had 2 ls430s a 2002 and now a 2004. the early models pre 2002 you will need to get with the premium pack which is vibro seats/fridge etc

2002 onwards premium pack is included as standard

if you go for the 2003 onwards facelift you get premium pack as standard, you also get ( which the earlier model does not have) reverse camera and park assist, voice recognition, improved sat nav, larger wheels( i think), 6 gears instead of 5, bluetooth, rear illuminated vanity mirrors

or to put it another way gadget wise 2003 onwards facelift model is much better spec and no difference in price

my 2004 is much better than my 2002 and slightly more economical too

hope this helps - good luck

Thanks for the great information. I do love all the bits and pieces that comes with these fine cars...............why is it that so many old codgers drive the LS model? (Words from my other half by the way!). I am a middle aged man, balding, grey hair, ex wife, own business...................does that make me an ideal Lexus LS owner?.....................answers on a postcard!

Kindest regards by the way!

David

Brilliant info, thanks as I really do want to go for a late car and still want to pay the lower VED......................does that make me very stingy?!

I don't think so at all, that makes a lot of sense to me when there isn't a lot of difference between a Feb 06 LS430 and a Mar 06 LS430! :winky:

Another reason is that while at £450ish currently it's not so bad, but if labour makes it in again I see that top band shooting for the sky in the name of the "environment" so who knows where it could end up - £1000, £2000, £5000......your guess is as good as mine so best to avoid it if possible! :whistling:

As you can probably gather I'm still very unhappy about the new road tax structure, even though I did ultimately escape it for now.........