Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Transmission Oil

RedLine MT-90 FTW!! I've got it in mine & it's fantastic stuff.

Others that are safe to use include TRD 75W90 & Amsoil 75W90. I'm sure you are well aware that you can't use anything higher than a GL4 rated oil in the J160 box.

Where to get in the UK http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1020-redline-s...75w-90-gl4.aspx

oil change wont make the crunch go away as its a mechanical problem - the gearbox is crap

Gearbox isn't crap at all. It's just a bit quirky. It's reliable and fails rarerly. If you compare it to others it may not be the 5 star brand of manufacture and design but it's certainly not the worst. Hmmmmmmm. Lotus comes to mind... if you like rebuilding gearboxes, then get one of them..

Col :winky:

2nd gear crunch is due to worn syncro cones, and it a very common problem so there is a design flaw.

i have seen an info sheet saying to do nothing to the gearbox if a customer complains except change the oil. but if a customer really complains then they would confider some more work...... i complained heavily and had the gearbox replaced FOC - 5 k later the crunch came back so it is a crap badly designed/manufactured gearbox in my opinion.

2nd gear crunch is due to worn syncro cones, and it a very common problem so there is a design flaw.

i have seen an info sheet saying to do nothing to the gearbox if a customer complains except change the oil. but if a customer really complains then they would confider some more work...... i complained heavily and had the gearbox replaced FOC - 5 k later the crunch came back so it is a crap badly designed/manufactured gearbox in my opinion.

Wot model you got then??? Obviously touched a nerve here... lol

Col... :lol::lol::lol: :winky:

now come on guys :hehe::lol::lol:

i was only asking for the best oil i know the Toyota oem would be good but but i wanted to know whats the best?

thanks

wahid :) ;) ;)

now come on guys :hehe::lol::lol:

i was only asking for the best oil i know the Toyota oem would be good but but i wanted to know whats the best?

thanks

wahid :) ;) ;)

No problems with me mate... just being friendly.. (and supporting my Lexy baby who I love dearly!).. :winky: :lol::lol: :)

I used Redline think it was MT90 or something like that, its fully synthetic. Seems a little smoother changing gears when cold but not a huge difference really.

Others that are safe to use include TRD 75W90 & Amsoil 75W90. I'm sure you are well aware that you can't use anything higher than a GL4 rated oil in the J160 box.

Where to get in the UK http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1020-redline-s...75w-90-gl4.aspx

would this be ok and how many Litres do i need?

thanks ;)

wahid

I used Redline think it was MT90 or something like that, its fully synthetic. Seems a little smoother changing gears when cold but not a huge difference really.

thanks ;)

wahid

so guys that means i only need one bottle then?

thanks

wahid

thanks ;)

wahid

so guys that means i only need one bottle then?

thanks

wahid

You will need 1.8 litres (1.9 US quarts) When I bought mine I got two 1 US quart bottles.

If you buy from Opie Oils it would cost you £32.91 with memebr discount.