Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Double Din Screen ?

gary2009

Hi all

After searching and searching iv more or less given up getting another lexus cd player after mine got the dreaded err3.Im now looking at getting a double din dvd player/cd player that fits nicely and looks as close to factory as possible just out of interest what ones would everyone recommend ?Im not to fussed about an all singing all dancing one just one that plays cds and dvds but is reliable and for a good price.

Many thanks

Gary

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ost&id=5053

have a look at that. it,s the stereo i put in my is200. the only thing is, is it doesn,t have a cd player. it,s a dedicated ipod stereo which plays all music and videos off the ipod. you can aalso plug in any mp3 player. looks fantastic and sounds fantastic. if you do change the stereo i,d recommend you do the facia mod, makes it look 100 times better ! by the way the stereo is an alpine ixa w404

when you buy the facia kit it comes for either single din or double and if you want the double din you have to cut the bar from the middle of it and then sand down the entire thing (because it dosen,t come smooth) prime it and spray it black. really easy to do and there is a really good guide on how to do it on here somewhere !

hope it helps !

cheers mate iv just been looking at the internet and i was wondering if this one would fit my is200 and would there be any problems with an amp by pass cable im not sure if mine has an amp lol.The model is a PIONEER AVH P3100DVD.Any thoughts on this unit would be greatly appreciated.

i have a pioneer double din fitted to mines and it fit perfects only problem i have was the screen would slid out the way to get a disk in so i have to sand it from the bottom so there is enough clearance for the screen to slide out the way. apart from that everything was good

i have this head unit

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/10...0DVD/index.html

hope it helps !

cheers mate iv just been looking at the internet and i was wondering if this one would fit my is200 and would there be any problems with an amp by pass cable im not sure if mine has an amp lol.The model is a PIONEER AVH P3100DVD.Any thoughts on this unit would be greatly appreciated.

Premium system has amp :) Easiest way to tell if you got a Premium sound system is if you get in your car and have a look under the volume button and if the text say Lexus Premium sound system then you have a amp

IS 200 SE and Sport have a Premium system

Wozza's fascia thread

Fascia mod

Mine has sat nav built in so more expensive, i have also done the fascia mod.

MINES

JVC have full 7" screen, which i personally like without sat nav

DVD / CD / USB / IPOD

pretty sure this will have a SD slot, which i use on mine the most, i have a 8GB SD card instead of using my IPOD in mine coz to be true it is slow to load & search on ipod, you also have option to add Bluetooth for your phone

Wozza's fascia thread

Fascia mod

Mine has sat nav built in so more expensive, i have also done the fascia mod.

MINES

JVC have full 7" screen, which i personally like without sat nav

DVD / CD / USB / IPOD

pretty sure this will have a SD slot, which i use on mine the most, i have a 8GB SD card instead of using my IPOD in mine coz to be true it is slow to load & search on ipod, you also have option to add bluetooth for your phone

How much was yours Deckie?

i like the idea of a sat nav in the double din.. would make life a lot easier ..but tbh.. when your driving is it not a bit of a nightmare as you have to take your eyes off the road and look down to the screen??

cheers fella

cheers all there are so many screens to choose from lol.Im waiting to get my lexus back from the bodyshop as someone drove into the back of me last week so getting that sorted then il be able to see if it has a premium sound system or not.Asi i think the one you have is the one up from the one i was looking at.Did you have to sand the frame down much for the screen to clear when it opened?Iv heard that some people have had problems with the standard lexus speakers and after market screens?Could anyone shed some light on that.

Many thanks

How much was yours Deckie?

i like the idea of a sat nav in the double din.. would make life a lot easier ..but tbh.. when your driving is it not a bit of a nightmare as you have to take your eyes off the road and look down to the screen??

cheers fella

For the head unit, amp by-pass cable & fascia, all in all it set me back £700, my unit is alot cheaper now as there has been a new version put out,

And yes, looking at the screen when driving is not a good idea, But the proper way to set the unit up is that you can only program in your route to the sat nav or watch DVD's when the handbrake is on! :whistling:

Well iv finally got my car back looking better than what it was but now the handbrake light wont come off lol.Iv decided now that im going to get the pioneer p3100 double din screen and my car doesnt have the amp so i was wondering what it is il need to fit to my car and how easy it will be to fit and what facia adaptor people will recommend iv heard something about an autoleads one or something?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links