Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow Chains

atce4

To be honest, I would say that if you are keeping the car, then a second set of rims and a good quality set of winter tyres.. Chains have limited use in the UK as you would have to take them off the car once you got to a road that was free of deep snow otherwise you would wreck your chains... I believe that Rob lives in the land of the cuckoo clock and would be able to give the definitive answer.

Thanks for all the advice - I'll probably opt for some snow socks as I can't really warrant the cost of a full set of winter tyres but thanks anyway The Transporter

lenny123, I'll be interested to know how you get on with the snow socks you've ordered.

Thanks for all the advice - I'll probably opt for some snow socks as I can't really warrant the cost of a full set of winter tyres but thanks anyway The Transporter

lenny123, I'll be interested to know how you get on with the snow socks you've ordered.

yes m8 will let you know how i get on when i get them good time to test them as lots of snow in my estate now lol and i found a video of the same snow socks under the name siepa which are the same socks as goodyear made in same factory just different name same product tho

is the video i know its a four wheel drive but you get the idea thanks.

I don't think snow chains or socks will make a difference- the problem seems to be that there is no weight over the rear wheels, so by fitting snow chains or socks you will not be adding weight over the rear wheels.

My solution is to put 5 sandbags in the boot and drop the rear tyre pressures a little- I have done and my IS200 is fine in the snow/ice now, combine this with the SNOW mode/button, I don't think you will get stuck.

Besides 5 bags of sand are only £1.29 each from B&Q- cheaper than chains or socks.

BTW- are your IS2's autos or manuals?

I don't think snow chains or socks will make a difference- the problem seems to be that there is no weight over the rear wheels, so by fitting snow chains or socks you will not be adding weight over the rear wheels.

My solution is to put 5 sandbags in the boot and drop the rear tyre pressures a little- I have done and my IS200 is fine in the snow/ice now, combine this with the SNOW mode/button, I don't think you will get stuck.

Besides 5 bags of sand are only £1.29 each from B&Q- cheaper than chains or socks.

BTW- are your IS2's autos or manuals?

yes i do like your idea i have 3 bags of salt in the boot aswell for some weight also a shovel but wanted some socks aswell and my is200 is manual mate thanks again.

hi m8 got my snow socks they were easy to use and they are great i tryed going on every snowed up road and up hilly roads down them reversing speeding up braking and they worked great so i think its a good idea m8 these are the same as i have here thanks again.

Glad you're pleased with them, sounds like they work very well. :D

hi m8 got my snow socks they were easy to use and they are great i tryed going on every snowed up road and up hilly roads down them reversing speeding up braking and they worked great so i think its a good idea m8 these are the same as i have here thanks again.

Glad you're pleased with them, sounds like they work very well. :D

yes mate i am pleased with them they work great will come in handy if i need them again :)

you can not really use chains in the UK under 99% of circumstances the everyday driver faces - they are for deep compacted snow, drive on a normal road and u will wreck the chains and the road and when the chain breaks expect a big bill for repairs as it lashes your car to bits.

even though i have winter tyres i still but a few bags of grit in the bag rather than sand as if i do get stuck grit is better than sand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links