Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

This Weekends Mods

fil4362

arm rest didnt cost me nothing at all took from a peugeot 405 i scrapped a few weeks ago. Ok so i lost the rear ash try but i dont smoke and to return it to standard takes about 5 minutes

armrestdown.jpg

armrestup-1.jpg

strut top cover had these made out of 3 mm ally. Having some sill plates made up in the same way

thisstruttop.jpg

nearsidestruttop2.jpg

Have done the headlights black as well and removed the orange from the headlights sure you all seen pics of this conversion before

I had to take the console out compleatly loose the rear ashtray and drill 2 holes throught the steel underneath the ashtray. The arm rest has 2 long spikes on it so it just slots into the holes you drill. They may need trimming slightly so they dont foul on the cup holders underneath. I took the cut holders out and welded to nuts to the bottom of the spike and bolted them in as well.

The arm rest when down actually sit direct ontop of the console glove box so its pretty secure with out it being bolted in.

The arm rest i used locks in the upright position so you can still use the glove box underneath its when its up right that its pretty wobbley thats why i bolted it down. If you come to sell the car and the new owner doesnt like it simply lift the arm rest out and drop the ash tray back in. I was amazed how well it actually fit. And as it was free its about the best mod pound for pound you can get. the Lexus armrest are in excess of £200. Finding a leather one from a 405 may be difficult. the one i had was an executive model with full leather air con and everything. The guy over heated it and warped the cylinder head. It was so bad the cam wouldnt fit back in

made with my own fair hands mate. 2 litre mondeo has a weird exhaust with a box on each side but only has one exit pipe. so it has a big C shaped rear section all i had to to was make a y shape piece i got to 90 degree bends sliced them down the middle and welded together.. i then welded the y piece into the mondeo system added 2 new old style xr3i back boxes with the standard tail pipe chopped of and 3 inch chromes welded on. As for mounting i just welded them on as and were i thought it needed one use mounts i chopped of scrap exhaust. .I sat down with my exhaust catalogue and look through then decided to make my own. i used to use a front pipe backwards to make twin tale pipe systems. the 2 into 1 part on most down pipes were good for that. The system is very very slightly louder than standard and you cant actually tell from inside the car. Obviously i had to cut the bumper that was the easy bit just took a template from the other side and marked and cut the passenger side of bumper.

The back box system cost me about £30 in total. that was for the boxes and the tail pipes. the pipes i took of a mondeo weeks before hand the mondeo boxes were rotton but there was enough good pipe for me to use. The new mondeo pipes would have been about "£70. As you can probably tell my idea of modding is on a budget. lol. not that i need to i remember my days as an apprentice when i was skint all the time and anything i wanted i had to make or adapt so i still do it now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links