Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lfa On Top Gear

pobrown

I don't get why they don't like Lexus, and Hammond's comments of "It's just a Lexus" really winds me up, end of the day you could say that about BMW's - Its just a BMW!!

The noise thou is amazing, and its like Clarkson said "its like an old F1" car. The attention to detail is very good : Where the right paddle shift is lighter than the left (so you know your going the right way) and how the mirrors force air into the vents, and how most of it is carbon fiber to keep the weight down, and the dials have to be computerized because analog ones can't keep up with how the engine gains and loose rev's so fast!

If i had £320,000 i would try to buy one, as i don't think theres anything out there like it!

The price is steep, but it has taken them 9 years, and is mainly made from carbon!!

Bit ****** off they didnt talk about the main part which costs sooo much the main carbon fibre mono and the carbon A pillars which are made by a seriously mental machine think theres only 2 in the world.

But typically a pretty poor (technically) review from the top gear crew, no wonder there thinking off axing in next year, would like to see what time it would have done in the dry though.

i think lexus did it to prove that a car can be made to such perfection.

it wasnt about making a comercial car.

its like the veron something to be admired and loved not to drive everyday. it is a stunning car and if i had that sort of money just lying around i would snap one up in a heart beat.

i think lexus did it to prove that a car can be made to such perfection.

it wasnt about making a comercial car.

its like the veron something to be admired and loved not to drive everyday. it is a stunning car and if i had that sort of money just lying around i would snap one up in a heart beat.

Agreed it shares similaritys with the Veyron as they are both engineering milestones, albeit in totally different classes.

But i do think you would be mad to buy one. That money can buy you something much more special. The "Only a Lexus" comment was partly a good one as its like saying I might buy a Ferrari or a Lexus, there's no racing heritage with Lexus. Last nights show was pretty poor overall so fingers crossed they do a challenge using the Lexus next series. I think the car will make a much better impression if they get time to appreciate its engineering.

only reason i said i would have one is it will be like the veyron in its limited ownership

alot of people go out and buy ferrari's and the like so it would be one of the special cars u dont see very often and therefor when one passes u on the road you almost tip ur hat to the owner to say well done u got something different from the norm.

its almost an unspoken respect

I couldn't agree more! I think buyers of this car will be people who already own/have owned various exotic supercars. It will only end up being a collectors piece and sit in someone's showroom rather than some millionaires one and only weekend car, which is bit of a shame. As far as I could see its only fault was its price tag! I can't help but feel Lexus jumped in at the deep end by building it, rather than competing with the likes of Nissans GTR and 911's and making a car that would be remembered better by your average driver. Let's hope Lexus will commit to building another racer that will be more likely to be seen in public.

the car is amazing. i loved the way it looks and sounds but the price is steep but then again its made out of good material. very quick in the wet and again would love to see how fast it would go around the track on a dry day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links