Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Induction

fipsy

Hi. I really want to fit an induction kit to me lexus but cant afford to shell out the £240+ to get one. Is there a way i can fabricate my own system? And if so how much to do it and where would i start? I have tried eBay but their all about the same price on there. I cant seem to find anywhere that sells just the piping. Any ideas?

u can get all the parts of eBay like silicone pipe and ally tube its all on there u just have to shop around i priced one up once and came up with a price of around £60

the only thing u have to get is the airfilter of ur choice

u can get all the parts of ebay like silicone pipe and ally tube its all on there u just have to shop around i priced one up once and came up with a price of around £60

the only thing u have to get is the airfilter of ur choice

what diameters are we talking as ive searched lexus induction, is200 induction etc etc and i only ever get shown the full kit for £240+ which i cant afford. did you manage to get yours seperately then? thanks for the speedy reply by the way

you can buy all you need from eBay...............all you need is a 90 degree bend(approx 63mm) from the throttle body and some stainless tubing heres a pic of my modd'd one.....

p300909222301.jpg

you can buy all you need from ebay...............all you need is a 90 degree bend(approx 63mm) from the throttle body and some stainless tubing heres a pic of my modd'd one.....

p300909222301.jpg

ok thanks for the reply. another question though, if i cant find the pipes with the sensor conections how do i go about fitting the sensors as obviously you cant just cut a hole and expect it to be a tight seal etc.

• 1 month later...

Well i finally got the last part of my induction kit through the post this morning, a brand new pipercross filter :winky: . The rest of the pipe is already assembled and waiting to go on. only problem is im currently 83 miles away from it all, im in doncaster till sunday night/monday morning :shutit: ......As soon as im home and its fitted i will upload a photo. Just need to give the rest of the engine a bit of a wipe over as the induction kit is all shiny and new lol. keep you all posted.

hi was going to have a go at this but can anyone tell me what length of silicone pipe i need will 1 metre do and is the silicone hose all 63mm internal diameter.Also can anyone tell me what the angles of the metal tubes are did you bend these urselfs or buy them like it thanks for any help. and also can you tell me i have a pro lex strut brace if i do this will it fit under the brace or could i run it behind it any ideas ?

hi was going to have a go at this but can anyone tell me what length of silicone pipe i need will 1 metre do and is the silicone hose all 63mm internal diameter.Also can anyone tell me what the angles of the metal tubes are did you bend these urselfs or buy them like it thanks for any help. and also can you tell me i have a pro lex strut brace if i do this will it fit under the brace or could i run it behind it any ideas ?

I bought a 1 metre length of alloy tube (63mm external dia), a 90degree silicon elbow (63mm internal dia) and a 45 degree silicone elbow (63mm internal dia). Mine will be going the other route to ormi's above. It wont go over the manifolds as they get extremely hot. I believe ormi has now upgraded to a supercharger which im not jealous of in the slightest, honest :shutit: :shutit: lol. I would love to follow suit with that but for now funds dont allow ha ha. My pipe will be going where the shiny cover is on ormi's photo and then bending to behind the o/s headlight. I took a photo of my pipe part built but dont have a photo of the complete pipe yet. I am just trying to figure out how to upload a picture.

cool theres a post under the newbies bit that shows u how to upload the pics on here

defo get some pics on here would love to see how it looks

what have you done with the airflow meter bit or have you just left it

cool theres a post under the newbies bit that shows u how to upload the pics on here

defo get some pics on here would love to see how it looks

what have you done with the airflow meter bit or have you just left it

Not fitted it yet, my filter only came today but im in doncaster till prob monday morning so wont be back home in the midlands till lunchtime. i remember someone saying that you can just cut a hole, put the sensor in and seal it if it wont stay in. but i will cross that bridge when i get home. ok thanks ill take a look now on uploading photos, everytime i click the button it asks for a URL lol

dsc03247.jpg

obviously need to cut down the 90degree elbow a touch as i think it will foul on the underside of the bonnet. this picture only shows upto the 45 degree elbow, theres another piece of alloy tube still to be added but just need to get back home to measure up with the filter in place 1st. will defo upload a pic or two when fitted. i know theres no real power gain but i miss the induction sound from my old V6 so surely a straight 6 will give a nice sound too. fingers crossed eh....

its looking good mate how much did it set you back

thats why i love eBay you can always find what you want lol

get it fitted when you get home and get some pics up on here

well impressed mate well done

its looking good mate how much did it set you back

thats why i love ebay you can always find what you want lol

get it fitted when you get home and get some pics up on here

well impressed mate well done

thanks mate, 1x metre of alloy tube, 1x 90 degree silicone elbow and 1x 45 degree slicone elbow came to a total of £41 and a few pence including delivery. this is the seller i used Ebay shop delivery took i think 2 days which i was impressed with. i got a pipercross filter for an amazing price of £12.50 including postage, brand new!! cant wait for monday now, im like a kid with a new toy lol

looking good mate,yip you will love the sound with the induction kit.but you will need to cut approx 1 to 1,1/2 inches off the elbow or it will rub off the bonnet,also remember you will have to drill a hole in the elbow for the air temp sensor.

Well i finally fitted it this morning. What do you think? Ignore the dirty engine bay lol, i will do that once ive fitted a cold air feed. Didnt get chance this morning as it was chucking it down by the time i finished assembling the filter/pipe. Not as loud as i was expecting but if i remember correctly on my last car it did get a touch louder when it was sucking nice cold air in, still has a nice sound to it though. Only managed one scraped knuckle too ha ha.

47940820.jpg

48130727.jpg

59394142.jpg

looking good mate!!the type of filter you have on the car will affect how it sounds....you have the foam filter so it will be quieter than say a apexi filter which is a paper type.

as for cleaning tyre foam spray it over everything leave it a few mins and wipe off..job done....... :winky:

Very interested in this and I'm racking my brain to come up with some way of installing an induction kit but at the same time keeping the OEM engine cover/air box (obviously which will no longer be used as an air box - it's just there looks).

I've seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

On eBay and i'm thinking it could come in useful...

What are your thoughts...?

Cheers

Correct.. it's for the supercharger....

My thought was that perhaps I could chop it back a little to give more of a 90 degree bend and then run the induction tubes across the engine in the way you have. I thought it might give a neater link with the throttle body that's all...

Is it not wortht he hassle....?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links