Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Key Grrrr

Deckz

Well guys prob with my 200 key.

As usual the small screw came loose, tightened it, but it still came loose.

Anyway long story short the key has broke lol

Plastic part with the buttons has came away from the metal key part.

Nowww i have put my buttons into a spare Lexus key i had (different metal part)

Can the metal part be bought on its own and cut to match my locks (then just put my buttons into it, or do i have to go to Lexus and get a hole new unit)

Mind seeing spare keys on eBay (fobs)

Cheers,

Deckz

Going to get this sorted Saturday folks B)

Found a Locksmiths just 20miles away that have the Blank IS200 3button Key/fob in stock - so just a matter of me going to get my key cut as normal. £22.50 happydays.

thats not bad i bought one off eBay for 10 pounds and got it cut for 5 pounds. yes if the transponder is from a different car it can be easily programmed if you got the master key. if you search the fourm there is a write up on it

I got a blank some time ago.

Been trying ever since to get it cut.

Seems everywhere I go. (I'm up to 5 key cutting shops now) they are unable to do it as...

1. They don't do laser cut keys.

2. They have not got small enough cutters. Or

3. (This is my favourite) Did you get it from eBay? If you did I won't do it because it burns straight through those.

I live in Northamptonshire but my kids live in Leicestershire so I have tried all the shops between Corby and Melton Mowbray.

Any one know where I can DEFINITELY get my key cut?

Ok so an update...

Managed to get by key cut at A+A security in Kettering. Not only that but he can also code your transponder for £30

Unfortunately I have the newer security and the newer transponder in my car so the fob that came with my blank key won't work. :(

Anyone have a spare 3 button transponder for a 2002 is200???

I have a new one for a 99-02 if you want to swap?

i dont see why it is not working.

well if thats the case then i have a 05 transponder which i will reprogramming my and my car is a 2000 so lets see if it works if not we can swap and take it from there?

Thanks Asi.

bloke in the shop checked the new key with my old one and told me the transponders weren't compatible.

He put them in a machine and it told him as much. (clever machine)

I have heard that the newer 200's use different security/ecu's so I was aware this may happen.

See how it goes and let me know.

I got a blank some time ago.

Been trying ever since to get it cut.

Seems everywhere I go. (I'm up to 5 key cutting shops now) they are unable to do it as...

1. They don't do laser cut keys.

2. They have not got small enough cutters. Or

3. (This is my favourite) Did you get it from ebay? If you did I won't do it because it burns straight through those.

I have a blank that I got off of eBay that I've had for a couple of years cos I couldn't find anyone who could cut it !!

So if anyone knows anyone in the Herts/Bucks area who can do it, let me know please

will be doing this on monday mate.

How did you get on Asi???

I have been trying again with my ejaz eBay valeo key and still getting no-where.

I know I am doing the sequence correctly as I managed to program my old Celica fob to start the car.

The ejaz 1 won't do a damn thing.

i planned to do it on monday but my car is at the garage and the time i got down the garage the engine was out the car as i am doing a engine conversion. but the engine was suppose to come out on tuesday but they are one day ahead so it will be a while before i could sort this out now.

sorry mate

No worries.

Have been doing some digging and have found this...

There are two distinct transponder types for the Lexus and Toyota vehicles, with the later being more expensive. Some later vehicles use a proximity fob as the credential used to enter and start the vehicle.

All Toyoata and Lexus keys can be programmed with a simple on-board procedure up to 2002 if an existing master key is present. In 2003, many began to use a programming procedure which requires diagnostic equipment.

Looks like my fears are confirmed.

As my car is a 52 2003 car it looks like I have to dig deep for a newer keyfob.

Have really been burning the midnight oil on this and have come up with some intriguing info.

Oddly this site came up trumps but I hunted it down in the LS400 section.

Turns out that there are "Two" different transponders. 4c and 4d.

If you look on the back of a new blank key from eBay member ejaz078 or similar it says..."CLBT/C/245/2002" on it. The "C" being the transponder chip id.

It also says on the back of said key that its a DENSO 1512v. This is in-fact A LIE!!! What it actually is, is a VALEO.

The "Valeo" Unit was suppied to the newer model cars. 2003 up I think. And the transponder chip fitted in this unit is a 4"D" chip. Totally uncompatible with our models.

We really do need the DENSO unit as this is the one with the "4c" chip.

So if you get a key from eBay make sure you ask the seller to confirm that inside his case is a DENSO unit and NOT a VALEO.

I managed to get this info because I was curious to how I managed to code my Gen 7 Celica key to the system and not the Valeo. Turns out the Celica also uses the "4C" chip.

I have now hacked my units and removed the transponder chips and swapped them over. So now I have the 4c chip from my 2 button Celica fob in my New Valeo 3 button fob. and vice versa. I'm hoping I will be able to get the doors working from the remote. Neither the Valeo or the Celica fob wanted to play ball on that score.

I am looking to get a nother key as i only have 1 master left and have followed this thread with interest, I have phoned a few shops in herts area but none of them will cut a supplied by me key stupid excuses like they are to hard and blunt there machines.

All have quoted to supply a replacement at btween £160.00 - £230.00 but my local dealer will supply one cut and coded for £150.00 and i know this one will work or back it gos.

Regards

Russell.

still waiting for the 3 button ones... been slow after christmas

Hey jay.

If you can get the 3 buttons I would be very interested. Can't get hold of the correct ones anywhere.

Having bought the Valeo from Ejazz...Before I found out about his rep. I have emailed several eBay sellers of 3 button fobs to confirm that they are the fobs that you have to unscrew to change the Battery AND that they don't say valeo on them.

Needless to say none of them replied but when asked if they would sell just the fob and not the key they were quick to reply that I had to buy the whole thing and swap the inards.

So a genuine 3 button fob would come in VERY handy...PLEASE!!! :)

any idea how much a key is from lexus?

A cut master key is about £85 + VAT :winky: but I would need to check on an individual basis for exact price.

I also have 4 of the pre 03, 3 button transponders currently available if anyone is interested?

PM me for details.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links