Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Idiots Question Sorry

Hi all

Was going to do a service on the lexus but for the life of me i cannot find the location of the engine air fliter so could someone please help a numpty out and tell me where abouts its located. i have found the cabin filter in the glovebox.

regards

Gary

thanks guys i appreciate you taking the time to answer my silly questions.Still getting used to the lexus having little bits hidden everywhere lol.

cheers

Gary

Just wait to you have to try and find and remove the oil filter!!!!

here you go mate.............thought i'd help you out,was done on my is200 sport by me

well heres the last how too oil and filter change

remove the sump plug 14mm

p0108091048.jpg

p0108091056.jpg

now for the oil filter the best way to get at it is through the n/s front wheel arch area

p0108091049.jpg

i'm a cheat i have the propper filter tool at my work makes it easyer

p010809104901.jpg

heres my wee stubby ratchit ideal for this job

p0108091052.jpg

the filter is removed through the space you just had your arm up

p0108091053.jpg

you fit your new filter in the reverse order

remember and fit a new sump plug washer before fitting the sump plug tighten up and fill with oil job done.

p0108091058.jpg

sorry for the pic size

the car used for the demo in the three how toos was my own.

i am a tec and have been for a while!!you do the following at your own risk.

big pics it says that down the bottom.........doh.also it helps the people that think the filter is in a hard place which it really isn't....look through the n/s wheel arch and bam their it is..

cheers ormi i appreciate that il definetly be using your guide when i go to change the filter.

cheers

no problem mate their is also walk through's on how to do your gear oil and diff oil that i done..........

Hi ormi,

can you use any sump plug 14mm or does it have to be lexus precipict?

have you lost your sump plug, you reuse them you just put a new washer on when you change the oil??as long as its the same thread it will be fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links