Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se Or Not

SE will have 1/2 leather heated seats (99-04 cars, I think the 05's got full leather?), 17" alloys, 9 speaker sound system maybe some other bits and pieces I have missed off. IS200's came in: S, SE, Sport and LE spec.

As above SE has half leather (or full leather post 04), 17" alloys (instead of 16"), a sunroof, electric heated front seats (only drivers electric up to 01, both electric thereafter), among other little differences.

Whats the LE or am im acting dumb lol.

There's a spec sheet on here somewhere mate, but the S model has S*itty cloth interior lol

When i was looking for my IS i could have got a fresher S model for the same money but declined.

Your Tax book may not state what exact model it is (ie S, SE or Sport) as when registering the car for the first time in your name, unless all these details are filled in they won't be printed onto the book. (as far as im aware)

LE (limited edition) was a special edition model that came out in 2004 - it was essentially an SE, but had a one-off paint colour, 11 spoke alloys, full leather and HIDs as standard.

Thanks lads, it is a 04 plate with full leather interior, 17 inch alloys(greyish) and has the elec sunroof.

All this time i have been thinking mine is the base model :whistling:

What about my log-book, anyone think this matters it dosent say SE, its just got IS200.

Thanks again.

LE (limited edition) was a special edition model that came out in 2004 - it was essentially an SE, but had a one-off paint colour, 11 spoke alloys, full leather and HIDs as standard.

Owww what Colour?

its kodiak sky ! (dark silver ) also has a different grille !

Owww what Colour?

Yep as Eddie said it was a light grey or dark silver (whichever you prefer), really nice colour imho. And yes forgot the different grille which also finished it off nicely.

What about my log-book, anyone think this matters it dosent say SE, its just got IS200.

Good stuff mate, yeah doubt it matters because if insurance companies know it's an SE off the reg it means it's been registered correctly.

Interesting topic.

Mines a 2004 SE Limited edition

Electric sunroof, 11 spoke alloys, full leather, HIDs, grey( sorry I prefer gizmos to colour)

But I can only see 4 speakers.

Two in front doors, two on rear window shelf.

Where are they please?

Under each speaker grille there are at least two speaker units, some coaxial.

It is either a SE or a LE. Both together doesn't exist. The LE came out late 2003 and exists in only one unique metallic dark silver colour (I can't remember if it was Kodiak Sky or Granite Sky), unique grille, sun-roof, full leather, HIDs, Climate-control aircon, Arm-rest, self-dimming central and door mirrors, head-lamp washers, slightly upgraded Radio/CD/Tape player - it had everything available for the IS200 except Satnav as standard (it had the compartment for that with opening lid on the dash top rather than an empty space). Numbers were limited to 850 worldwide and were clearly to get rid of all the toys and extras ready for introduction of the new IS250/IS220D. Later 2004 IS200s had grey-tinted lights and dark alloys.

All IS200 variants (manual differs from auto) have totally identical performance, fuel consumption etc, with slightly different trims/goodies etc. The Sport is lowered a few mm and has a LSD, a different grille, "sports" pedals (alloy with perforations) and different sills.

But I can only see 4 speakers.

Two in front doors, two on rear window shelf.

Where are they please?

Two on each front door, one at the bottom and a little tweeter next to the door mirror. Also as above there are four on the rear shelf, each one has one speaker on top of another.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links