Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now for the next issue.

Having had the MKIII for a number of years, I can tell its changing gear. Let me expand.

Prior to the LS 400, I had a few Rover 827 autos, all with good boxes but not a patch on the LS. On each ocaision I test drove her, I spent time trying to determine a gear change without looking at the rev counter. Couldnt be done.

Following the fitting of the new starter motor 15ish months ago, the change was not smooth. I took it back and they adjusted either the accelerator or the kickdown which did improve it but its never been the same. I would like to return to the imperceptible changes of the past but having searched the only comments I can find seem to relate to gearbox oil and solenoids.

I have the patience to make small adjustments and to test the result.

The question therefore, is exactly how should I go about this adjustment?

Steve

It will be the link cable from the throttle to the auto box, when I did my starter motor I misadjusted it and it made jerky changes and moved through the gears very quickly on upchanges.

When I get the chance I will take a photo showing the roughly correct position.

It will be the link cable from the throttle to the auto box, when I did my starter motor I misadjusted it and it made jerky changes and moved through the gears very quickly on upchanges.

When I get the chance I will take a photo showing the roughly correct position.

That would be mega

There's a cable from the throttle to the auto box that tells the box where the throttle is at. I've heard that this being set wrong affects gerchanges

There is but I was hoping for some guidance as to how to adjust it

Steve

I plan to adjust mine come some warmer weather, and I will be doing it using the empirical method- half a turn on the bolts, and see what happens

Hopefully here is the photo of the cable link to the transmission from the throttle on mine it would appear that more or less equal threads are either side of the bracket and the changes are nice and smooth, I cannot remember which way adjustments do what (i.e smoother or jerky) but I would start one turn at a time then retry.

Untitled_0029_0001.jpg

Hopefully here is the photo of the cable link to the transmission from the throttle on mine it would appear that more or less equal threads are either side of the bracket and the changes are nice and smooth, I cannot remember which way adjustments do what (i.e smoother or jerky) but I would start one turn at a time then retry.

Untitled_0029_0001.jpg

Its a bloody good start. Thank you for taking the trouble to post it.

No problem always glad to help and show off my excellent photographic skills :whistling:

Just thought I pulled the rubber boot back off the cable to clarify but I don't think I refitted it as the bonnet struts are definately going this year as it closed itself twice and I rushed a bit to avoid a headache!!!!

No problem always glad to help and show off my excellent photographic skills :whistling:

Just thought I pulled the rubber boot back off the cable to clarify but I don't think I refitted it as the bonnet struts are definately going this year as it closed itself twice and I rushed a bit to avoid a headache!!!!

Yup, know what you mean. Fitted one new one the other day; they arent easy. Hope to do other when its its dry and warm - say 5 or 6 degrees. Above.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links