Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Lexus!

VTRoss

hey guys im a 20 year old student from glasgow and im getting my first lexus tomorrow!!!!! i cant wait, its a silver IS200, just basic spec but its a 2003 with 16k miles on the clock, yes 16k! with service stamps and MOT to prove it. im buying it off an old boy on my street who got it 4 years ago then fell ill so its only been driven for a couple thousand miles since hes had it. i did want an SE or Sport but im getting this one for £4k which is too good a price to pass up on with that milage. so my plan is to get the 17" sport wheels, sport grill, sport boot lip, HIDs, some tints and eventually an LSD. I know some people will probably argue that with the extra money im spending on it i could have got a sport, but id rather pay the extra for almost sport spec but with essentially a brand new car. no doubt ill be asking for help from everyone on here soon!

Cheers

Ross

thanks for the welcomes. i just picked up the car and i love it, also just ordered a set of HIDs from eBay, the ones with the tiny ballasts so i will get them on tomorrow :D next on the list is the 17" sport wheels if anyone knows any for sale then i would appreciate the heads up.

Ross

Sounds like a really nice car you're getting there so congratulations! I'm not sure you'll even need an LSD for normal road driving so might be able to save yourself some cash. As you say the rest is cosmetic and can be done for not much money except for the sunroof so isn't a huge deal. Even the half leather interior can be found on eBay for not a lot.

I have a set the same as Kam05, sitting in the loft, 1 is kerbed, so i will keep it and add the spare (which has never been on the car) to make a set of 4, the other 3 wheels are in good condition as the owner before me had the wheels exchanged with Lexus just before his warrenty ran out, The tyre on the spare is brand new, the 3 tyres on the other alloys were only on the car for a couple months, there are pretty much brand new aswell.

I'm offshore right now, home monday, so if you are interested :whistling:

forgot to ask if anyone knows how to turn that stupid reverse beep off? thanks

you really dont wanna remove that beeper......reverse and first are really close together so while your getting used to the car you prob will find the wrong gear also its built into the dash cluster.

anyway glad to hear you got a nice one the only bad news i have is now you have joined a car club your wallet will be very light i bought mine just coming up two years ago,when i bought it it was a nice car that i could leave standard.............well that didn't happen!!! check out my sig......

anyway good luck with all you have planned!oh ps i'm not too far away from you!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links