Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Door Card Removal

mattc

My passenger side speaker decided to go all crackly on the way to work this morning, then decided not to work at all.

I imagin its a lose connection or something.

So need to get the door card of a and take a look. But how/best way to get the card off?

theres a screw in the small door pocket (the one to pull the door closed) then theres one behind the door handle behind a little cover and then theres just a load of plastic pop studs along the bottom that just need popping out.

remove the electric window mech just by pushing it backwards and should just lift out from the front end first and undo the connector

and that should be it I THINK.

hope that helps

My passenger side speaker decided to go all crackly on the way to work this morning, then decided not to work at all.

I imagin its a lose connection or something.

So need to get the door card of a and take a look. But how/best way to get the card off?

Is this a common thing?

Both my passenger speakers no longer work.

Tweater on mirror and main speaker in door.

Will check wiring first but I get the feeling that the butcher that removed the original stereo and fit a crappy sony, seriously messed up somewhere.

nope the speakers are quite good in the lexus and dont often give away

Seems so.

Took the card off to check. Electric window was sticking too so thought I could check that out while I was there.

So on card removal I find all wires n cables present and correct and all attached where they should be so the problem is not there.

Not had the car long. 6 weeks so the passenger window not opening has not been a problem coz the weather is far from warm. But...

The window is a replacement. Looks like the original was put through at some point as I found broken glass in the bottom of the door. Whoever fit the window was probably the same butcher that did the stereo.

The plastic clips that hold the glass. Were filled with some kind of sealer. (Not silicone as it was hard) the reason the window was "Stuck" was because instead of the glass being in the clips. Whoever did the job had glued the outside window seal to them. In effect when I was trying to wind the window down I was in fact trying to pull the outside door seal down.

So now I have to get new clips if poss?

Try to get old clips off. If poss?

AND find out why my 2 door speakers on the passenger side STILL don't work while the rear ones do.

Makes me mad when someone gets a car as nice as the Lexus then can't be bothered to spend and extra 10 minutes on a job making sure it's done properley. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links