Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member But No Lexus As Yet :(

Jamesr4300

Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd pop and say hello

Last friday i test drove a lexus IS220d from the coventry dealership (and what can i say about them but fantastic service)

I tested the car and coming from a 78bhp 1.2 petrol ibiza with almost no options the base spec lexus i drove was amazing in comparison, my only gripe was the turbo lag, but its liveable with

After umming and aahing about the finance and costs etc i asked if i could leave a refundable deposit and think about it over night, they said point blank no but Lambros the sales manager signed the car out to me over night!!!

I drove it around, stared at it parked on my drive, took it to work the saturdya morning where everyone admired it before taking it back to the showroom.

My mind is made up and i really want one.

After re-working the finance the figures didnt quite add up and i would only be £60 a month better off albeit with a bigger smile on my face due to the ownership of a brilliant car.

I walked away in the end and felt rather dejected and un-satisfied, but the good relationship with Lexus remains.

I am now in the process of giving my Seat Ibiza back and buying a crappy little ford mondeo for a few hundered notes with the mission off using all my disposable cash to save a hefty deposit so when i go back to Lexus in 10 months i can get an awesome finance deal over a shorted period than first planned.

But this time i will be going for the sport model as it has all the options i want over the standard model.

So not a Lexus owner yet but watch this space!!!

James

Did you try the IS250? If you are not doing mega miles, then consider the IS250.

Hi Kam,

I do around 300 miles a week if i include going to/from work plus all my extra personal mileage,

But more often than not i travel the UK visiting clients so the mileage goes up very quickly!

Add that to me Lead right foot and high insurance premiums (21 yrs old, 6 points, claim previously)

Thent he Diesel makes much more sense.

When driving it home Friday night i was somewhat "playful" especially with the TC turned off, and still i couldnt get the MPG below 39.8mpg

Ona pterol i imagine that to be much lower?

James

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links