Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ideas On Is200 Problem

hi guys ive had a problem with the dreaded brake judder for a while now and finally got my bum into gear to get the discs done but i now have another problem which im in need of a bit of help on the possible cause

right so i have juddering under braking which has now become unbearable so thats the first port of call

i also now have a judder when im accelerating from say about 40mph and is really annoying

both instances above only happen when the car is warm ie after driving ten mins or so

any help much appreciated

Think you should contact member Parthiban, he has had similar probs with warped drive flanges, he changed disc's and they warped again pretty quick and this is now the reason that he has found, not so sure if he saw juddering / vibration under acceleration or not, but this thing has happened to others in the past.

hi guys ive had a problem with the dreaded brake judder for a while now and finally got my bum into gear to get the discs done but i now have another problem which im in need of a bit of help on the possible cause

right so i have juddering under braking which has now become unbearable so thats the first port of call

i also now have a judder when im accelerating from say about 40mph and is really annoying

both instances above only happen when the car is warm ie after driving ten mins or so

any help much appreciated

I had a similar problem a month ago.

My juddering started after about 10 minutes of motorway driving and felt like the wheels were seriously out of balance.

Finally i stopped at a lay-by and STUPIDLY decided to check the heat of each disc in turn with the back of my finger. Everything checked out ok until i touched the front nearside disc where i received a second degree burn to my finger - it was F*****G Red Hot and confirmed that i had a sticking caliper which i renewed a day later.

I have had no problems since.

Hope this helps.

PS:- Learn from my mistake and do'nt use your finger to check for heat build up in your Discs - use your spit instead!

Let us know how you get on.

Sticking/seized callipers seem to be a common issue in the UK. Whys that? Is it because of salting the roads in winter? I've never heard of anyone having this problem over here or Aussie.

Also have you had your wheels balanced recently? Brakes will normally only cause juddering when braking. Under acceleration is normally wheel balance. This could be from something as simple as a weight falling off, worn tyres or the rim being damaged i.e. out of round.

Sticking/seized callipers seem to be a common issue in the UK. Whys that? Is it because of salting the roads in winter? I've never heard of anyone having this problem over here or Aussie.

Also have you had your wheels balanced recently? Brakes will normally only cause juddering when braking. Under acceleration is normally wheel balance. This could be from something as simple as a weight falling off, worn tyres or the rim being damaged i.e. out of round.

not true ,brakes binding on will cause a wobble through the steering when the brakes are hot i have had dealings with this a lot in my work(toyota main dealer)......i would say you have a sticky caliper(pistons or slides)not too hard to fix mate...

Hi there, yes I've currently got a problem with warped drive flanges but I don't have a vibration while accelerating or cruising, just when braking so mine may be different to yours. As above make sure your wheels are correctly balanced, and also with all the potholes about nowadays check you don't have any damaged rims. And sticky caliper would be the other problem to look at as the others have already said.

Hope you get to the bottom of it :)

thanks for the replies guys i think i have narrowde down the possible causes.

i have managed to do the exact same thing Imperial and i think that i have 3rd degree burns as well

so this leads me to believe that a seized sticky caliper & pistons is the culprit as well as dodgy discs

so fingers crossed it can be freed up and be problem free once again

I had the dreaded judder (on braking, not acceleration) some time back and after changing a combination of brake pads/discs (mintex set) and tyres (Falkens), it disappeared. I needed to get these sorted at that time so naturally I was pleased.

Without trying to profess any meaningful mechanical competence and just going by experience, it could be down to alingment/fitment of the brake pads and or warped discs. Tyres get a battering on the IS200 so this could also be the root of the problem.

Best of luck anyway...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links