Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yesterday I took delivery of my new RX300 SE-L (Brechin Slate/Oakham Interior) and I must say what an absolutely brilliant car this is. The rear view camera in particular is tremendous. My first ever Lexus and immediately I feel privileged to own such quality. My thanks go to Volvo :D :D for not being able to fix the electrical faults on the new XC90 I purchased, not being prepared to replace the car, and lastly for giving me a full refund. Without these I surely would have missed a great experience.

Hi Howard

I picked up my RX SE-L on 31st May

I think the car is fantastic.

I was a bit worried about swapping my LS430 for the RX but I am worried no more.

Mines is also Brechin with oakham.

I did order platinum ice with oakham but when I went to test drive they had a platinum ice and brechin side by side and I changed my order.

Bought it from Lexus Chester who have been Absolutely FIRST CLASS.

What part of the country do you live in.

Regards

Jim

Just outside Blackpool

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, the nex RX is absolutely gorgeous and I am gutted!

I went for the IS300 back in March as the new RX was still in the wings. I thought what is all the fuss about, and an early review of the new RX was pretty indifferent. If only I had waited... but some things aren't meant to be.

Her indoors is after a new car, so we booked an RX300 SE-L for the day today. I picked it up at 9:30 this morning and drove 20 miles. On getting out and walking up the road I twisted my leg and it's been agony since. The other half got to drive the car all day, with me cursing about my leg! ;) She seems to have her heart set on the new Audi A4 Cabriolet - nice car but not a patch on the RX. She says she loves the RX, but wants the Audi for the "fun" aspect :sad:

I love the looks of the new RX, the build & finish, the drive, that gorgeous tailgate, and the reversing camera is to die for B) B) B) There are just so many nice touches - like the sliding centre console, and a dimmer switch for the light on the vanity mirror! I'm now counting the days to when I can trade in the IS!

So if any of you new RX owners get tailed by a silver IS driver looking green with envy.... it's me!! :lol:

I had a brand new RX 300 Mk1 as a courtsey car on Friday when I sent my car in for a service. I wasn't too sure what to expect as I have never driven a car like that before. Wow...what a car. It really was nice. :P The more I drove it the more I started to like it. At the end of the day I didn't want to return it. :unsure:

Not sure if I would ever buy one as it's not really practical for me, but it def. drove well and was pleasantly surprised with the speed and the interior.

• 10 months later...
Yesterday I took delivery of my new RX300 SE-L (Brechin Slate/Oakham Interior) and I must say what an absolutely brilliant car this is. The rear view camera in particular is tremendous. My first ever Lexus and immediately I feel privileged to own such quality. My thanks go to Volvo :D :D for not being able to fix the electrical faults on the new XC90 I purchased, not being prepared to replace the car, and lastly for giving me a full refund. Without these I surely would have missed a great experience.

Hi Howard,

My collegue at work has an XC90 and he's always taking about how good it is; seven seats; top of the class in all the reviews, etc.

So I'm intrigued with your conversion from XC90 to RX300. Would you ever go back to an XC90? I know you mentioned the rear view camera but what would you say are the other advantages over the XC90?

The reason I'm asking is that I haven't got my new RX300 yet.

Fabben.

Hi Howard,

My collegue at work has an XC90 and he's always taking about how good it is; seven seats; top of the class in all the reviews, etc.

So I'm intrigued with your conversion from XC90 to RX300. Would you ever go back to an XC90? I know you mentioned the rear view camera but what would you say are the other advantages over the XC90?

The reason I'm asking is that I haven't got my new RX300 yet.

Fabben.

Hi Fabben,

Firstly, the most important advantage with the Lexus SE-L is the fact that the car comes ‘complete’. The extras on my Volvo totalled £7000, much of which, in part exchange, would be lost in the residual price. The Volvo I found was excellent as a long distance tourer and the 7 seats, larger luggage capacity and diesel engine economy, I am sure would be beneficial to many. That I am afraid to say is about the only positive comments I can say regarding my brief Volvo experience.

The main Lexus advantages I have found are:

Much tighter turning circle

Power rear door

Dedicated space for load cover under floor

Touch screen Navigation, far easier to use than the ‘hidden’ steering wheel Volvo control

Auto dipping and tilting exterior mirrors

Sun roof wind deflector, none on the Volvo

Ability to close all windows and roof by remote

Ultra clear instrument display

Superior build quality and after sales service

Would I buy another XC90, not after owning a Lexus!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links