Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help... Best Product To Get Rid Of Chips And Door Ding Marks

Well after getting slightly annoyed with my inconciderate neighbour who isnt at all concerned whether he bends my wing mirror back (new motor will prob be needed soon) or banging his door into the side of my car, and I mean banging I heard it in the house :tsktsk::tsktsk::tsktsk:, I've decided to give it a very good old clean/polish, in the next day or two to get as many of the marks/scratches out so any new marks will be clear to see...

So my question is, there are so many brands/products out there (t-cut etc) I dont want to waste my money on the ones that dont work, so what are the best ones to use, I havent got silly money to spend but would like to get the car looking good

Car has several door dings, scratches on it... tried t-cut before but didnt get some of them out.

Any advice would be grately received :) Thankyou in advance

i used meguirs stuff from Halfords on their three for the price of two offer - first one is a cutting type agent,second a polish,third a sealer - i must admit i was flabbergasted at the results although all in all it did take the best part of a day,i think it worked out to less then £20 and ive got enough to do the car about another ten times or so - mines green and it really brought out the metallic shine-

" Best Product To Get Rid Of Chips And Door Ding Marks IS200 "

A full respray :P

Sorry couldn't resist, mine has scratches all over the roof so might try the above kit myself.

i used meguirs stuff from halfords on their three for the price of two offer - first one is a cutting type agent,second a polish,third a sealer - i must admit i was flabbergasted at the results although all in all it did take the best part of a day,i think it worked out to less then £20 and ive got enough to do the car about another ten times or so - mines green and it really brought out the metallic shine-

Thanks for that, I shall pop there tomoro and pick some up, its been recommended on the BMW forum too :D

" Best Product To Get Rid Of Chips And Door Ding Marks IS200 "

A full respray :P

Sorry couldn't resist, mine has scratches all over the roof so might try the above kit myself.

Cheers!!! LOL it had been discussed but if I had it done and neighbour was rough again chances are I may lose my temper.... think I shall try the above :D

dont have to tell me about neighbours or trolley bashes !! id have mine resprayed tomorrow but i know it would have a new scratch the day after !!! oh well keep doing the lotto and oneday i might get it a velvet lined garage to sleep in msn-wink.gif

i used meguirs stuff from halfords on their three for the price of two offer - first one is a cutting type agent,second a polish,third a sealer - i must admit i was flabbergasted at the results although all in all it did take the best part of a day,i think it worked out to less then £20 and ive got enough to do the car about another ten times or so - mines green and it really brought out the metallic shine-

hi, is that the deep crystal ones? step 1,2 and 3?

dont have to tell me about neighbours or trolley bashes !! id have mine resprayed tomorrow but i know it would have a new scratch the day after !!! oh well keep doing the lotto and oneday i might get it a velvet lined garage to sleep in msn-wink.gif

Well neighbour has just got a new car... a red one... think it will be obvious now if they hit mine seen as tho mine is blue :hehe:

But im with you on the velvet lined garage lol

I can vouch for Autoglym and Meguiars.

I used the Meguiars 3 step process (I believe it is the deep crystalyou mentioned) and got great results.

Regardless of what is used as a polish, wax or sealant it will be limited by how well the paint surface has been prepared.

Step 1 of the Meguiars treatment is to deep clean and de-contaminate the paintwork but for truly stunning results a clay bar kit really needs to be used.

As has been mentioned you really need to put a full day aside to do it properly but its worth it (especially on a dark coloured car)

If the scratches etc are particualry noticable a machine polish might be the way to go....

• 1 month later...

Well after getting slightly annoyed with my inconciderate neighbour who isnt at all concerned whether he bends my wing mirror back (new motor will prob be needed soon) or banging his door into the side of my car, and I mean banging I heard it in the house :tsktsk::tsktsk::tsktsk:, I've decided to give it a very good old clean/polish, in the next day or two to get as many of the marks/scratches out so any new marks will be clear to see...

So my question is, there are so many brands/products out there (t-cut etc) I dont want to waste my money on the ones that dont work, so what are the best ones to use, I havent got silly money to spend but would like to get the car looking good

Car has several door dings, scratches on it... tried t-cut before but didnt get some of them out.

Any advice would be grately received :) Thankyou in advance

Hi. try getting a chip and ding man in. Just Yell.

Jeff

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links