Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had a couple of hours at the local Lexus open road day , drove the RX 450 ( Fantastic drive ) and the 450 SE Wow ! did my neck in but not for me , the new mouse control on the RX is a copy from BMW but works correctly and would be a nice little toy . cool.gif

I did the one on Thursday, drove the RX, IS250C and IS-F

Loved both the IS's (especially the F), but didn't like the mouse control on the RX at all. I think its a really backward step from the touch screen :(

Went to the one in Cheshire yesterday.

Drove the IS-F first, wow! That engine sounds and drives mint! Got the chance to give it the beans a couple of times on the country roads.

IS250C next - felt very sluggish, first time I have drove a 250. I am guessing its sluggish because of the extra weight.

Finally the RX 450H - this was superb! I was really really surprised and instantly wanted one! My friend who came along with me also agreed. Couldnt stretch to the price tag mind but the engine / hybrid combo is fantastic.

Went to the Cheshire one today. Very impressed with the set up and would recommend them to anyone who gets the chance. There is no selling whatsoever and Lexus even provide refreshments on the house. If you go, remember a few points. Take someone with you to navigate the test route because you are not accompanied. They only provide autos so, if you are not familiar, you will be distracted by it. Some Lexus's also have a foot operated handbrake - very weird. If you want a run in an ISF be prepared for a long wait - very popular obviously. Didn't bother in the end with the ISF because I figured I would either hate the auto set up or like it too much and not be able to afford one.

To those who test drove the ISF- did they let you test drive it on your own or not?

I went to the Lexus Leeds Open Road Event last month and when people asked to drive the ISF they were accompanied by someone from Lexus- I guess they didn't want their ISF coming back with 4 bold tyres!

To those who test drove the ISF- did they let you test drive it on your own or not?

I went to the Lexus Leeds Open Road Event last month and when people asked to drive the ISF they were accompanied by someone from Lexus- I guess they didn't want their ISF coming back with 4 bold tyres!

They put a professional driver in with us. He drove so far (giving it a bit too) then passed it over to me :-).

Unfortunately someone from Lexus who thinks he knows what he is talking about will always accompany you when taking an IS-F for a test drive.

On one occasion I was allowed to take it out of the showroom and back again with dead weight in the passenger seat nagging me all the way. On another occasion I had to be a passenger for several miles before the beast was handed over to me.

Compare this to Mercedes who let me take the CLS63 ad C63 out of the forecourt and back without any silly questions or someone trying to teach me how to drive, we even had to stop for fuel as I was heavy footed :)

I had been to Lexus Derby open day. Managed to test the GS, the RX and the IS250C. The waiting time for the LS and the ISF was too long. But really enjoyed the IS250C, and to be frank I may consider cahnging to it at one stage.

The RX, what a car. I didn't like the mouse control, and would prefer the touch screen.

But really enjoyed the day, well organised.

Unfortunately someone from Lexus who thinks he knows what he is talking about will always accompany you when taking an IS-F for a test drive.

On one occasion I was allowed to take it out of the showroom and back again with dead weight in the passenger seat nagging me all the way. On another occasion I had to be a passenger for several miles before the beast was handed over to me.

This wasnt the case at the day in cheshire. The driver was hired in so independent. He sell's himself to various shows and functions, silverstone track days etc so didnt get any sales pitch. He had done his homework on the car too.

He drive it for about 5 miles explaing the car, gearbox, power, etc. He also did a 0-60 test on a quite road before handing it over to me.

when is the liverpool one gutted i missed the cheshire 1

I am a bit surprised that Liverpool haven't put on an open day. I bought mine from Liverpool and had a few services - no invite. I was invited to the Cheshire one simply because I had 2 services a few years ago.

As I have said before, the organisation and the professionalism were superb - really took me by surprise. I am confident that they will have snatched a lot of sales from BMW/Audi on that day. It would have tipped the balance for many. To take an example, the ISF was in that fabulous blue with part-white leather upholstery. I looked a million dollars compared to an M3. Even if in dynamic terms the M3 is better, there is no way you would pick an M3 on that day. My wife is not that much into cars but as soon as she saw it she said in amazement "What is that?".

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links