Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some DHP or LS430 wheels for my MK4 LS400. Does anybody know where a good place to look would be? I have tried the obvious like eBay etc with no joy. Alternatively if anybody has any other suggestions for wheels that would look good then feel free to voice your thoughts, bearing in mind the brake caliper issues.

Bit bored with my original wheels although they have benn refurbished less than 4000 miles ago and still have 5-6mm tread on the tyres.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Bit of advice, dont.

The tyres are an odd size and only Pirelli make them, so they cost £loads (175+!!!), (dont get confused with other makers tyres of this size, they are run-flat for beemers).

Best thing to do IMHO is to have a look around for some alloys that look like the DHP wheels, but take a more common tyre.

Bit of advice, dont.

The tyres are an odd size and only Pirelli make them, so they cost £loads (175+!!!), (dont get confused with other makers tyres of this size, they are run-flat for beemers).

Best thing to do IMHO is to have a look around for some alloys that look like the DHP wheels, but take a more common tyre.

Thanks for the advice, but I still want them!! I really want only original Lexus wheels which kind of limits me to DHP or LS430 alloys. I have read on here that unless you get really close to the rolling circumference of the standard tyres then it may cause problems with the sat nav so that is a factor unless I find out that information is wrong. Plus the DHP weels look so right on the car in my opinion...

Bit of advice, dont.

Thanks for the advice, but I still want them!! I really want only original Lexus wheels which kind of limits me to DHP or LS430 alloys. I have read on here that unless you get really close to the rolling circumference of the standard tyres then it may cause problems with the sat nav so that is a factor unless I find out that information is wrong. Plus the DHP weels look so right on the car in my opinion...

I ran DHP alloys on my MK IV and 245/50/17 pirelli tyres were expensive and soft. I changed them to 225/55/17 tyres the overall dia only changed by 2mm (see http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm) there was a far larger choice of better and cheaper tyres and they looked better than the standard 16"s.

Bit of advice, dont.

I ran DHP alloys on my MK IV and 245/50/17 pirelli tyres were expensive and soft. I changed them to 225/55/17 tyres the overall dia only changed by 2mm (see http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm) there was a far larger choice of better and cheaper tyres and they looked better than the standard 16"s.

Thanks for the advice about tyres. I now have 4 DHP alloys which just need refurbishing and some centre caps, thanks Ken you are a legend! Also managed to get four W rated 225/55 17 Michelin Primacy tyres for £300 so I am a happy chappy! Can't wait to get the refurb done and get them on the car now!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some DHP or LS430 wheels for my MK4 LS400. Does anybody know where a good place to look would be? I have tried the obvious like ebay etc with no joy. Alternatively if anybody has any other suggestions for wheels that would look good then feel free to voice your thoughts, bearing in mind the brake caliper issues.

Bit bored with my original wheels although they have benn refurbished less than 4000 miles ago and still have 5-6mm tread on the tyres.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Only gold members are entitled to offer items for sale

Thanks for all the advice, offers of wheels (and in some cases complete cars!) guys. Have finally got the DHP wheels refurbed, shod with Michelins and on the car. The last hurdle was realising that the original wheel nuts were not suitable, but now that is all a distant memory and I am well pleased with the way my LS400 looks with the new wheels. So pleased I thought I would post some pics!

post-29572-12776770806.jpg

post-29572-127767711528.jpg

post-29572-12776771431.jpg

Thanks for all the advice, offers of wheels (and in some cases complete cars!) guys. Have finally got the DHP wheels refurbed, shod with Michelins and on the car. The last hurdle was realising that the original wheel nuts were not suitable, but now that is all a distant memory and I am well pleased with the way my LS400 looks with the new wheels. So pleased I thought I would post some pics!

Looks really nice :)

Are the centre caps missing?

Well spotted!! I have had to have custom caps made as the originals were not good but I wanted the lexus logo on them. Luckily I know a chap that can make some up for me as Lexus have stopped doing them and I cannot find elsewhere. They will be with me tomorrow.

Well spotted!! I have had to have custom caps made as the originals were not good but I wanted the lexus logo on them. Luckily I know a chap that can make some up for me as Lexus have stopped doing them and I cannot find elsewhere. They will be with me tomorrow.

They'll make all the difference as the DHP wheels are the best looking.

• 2 years later...