Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Needed. Some Model Advice For 430

Hi. I’m looking for a little advice. I hope someone can help me out with some answers.

I’m looking for a 430 or around 01/02 year model. In my hunt for a car I’ve noticed that some of the cars are “missing” the wood piece around the gearshift which has just a metal finish. Is this a model variant or some option? Is it available if I find a car that doesn’t have that. What might it cost?

Is it possible to fit wheels from a 400 onto a 430?

Do all 430’s have air shox? How do recognise the different packages that were offered?

If there is anyone reading this that might be interested. I have a gold, 400 '97 @97.000 with LPG with special wheels. Immaculate & stunning car. Message me if you're interested.

Thanks to all,

Jeff

Hi. I’m looking for a little advice. I hope someone can help me out with some answers.

I’m looking for a 430 or around 01/02 year model. In my hunt for a car I’ve noticed that some of the cars are “missing” the wood piece around the gearshift which has just a metal finish. Is this a model variant or some option? Is it available if I find a car that doesn’t have that. What might it cost?

Do all 430’s have air shox? How do recognise the different packages that were offered?

If there is anyone reading this that might be interested. I have a gold, 400 '97 @97.000 with LPG with special wheels. Immaculate & stunning car. Message me if you're interested.

Thanks to all,

Jeff

It is a model variant. I've got one of the first LS430s with the metal finish round the gear leaver and the 5 speed gearbox. I think they introduced the wood surround with the first 'face lift' when they also introduced the 6 speed gearbox and swivelling headlights.

Don't be put off the early cars, I've heard the early and late cars from the LS430 production run are the most reliable, and mine has been fine. Be careful trying to fit a wood surround from a later car to an early model the change of gearbox may mean it won't fit, unless anybody knows different?

The early cars came with 17" wheels, and they changed to 18" at the first 'face lift'.

All UK LS430s have self levelling air suspension. I believe when it was first introduced the 'lux' pack with the radio and air con controls in the rear arm rest and 'massaging' rear seats was an option, but when only 10% of customers bought it without the option they made it standard. If you find one without it will be rare.

All versions of the car are good; just buy the best you can afford.

Best of luck.

John N

Hi John. Thanks for that.

Jeff

Jeff

Thanks to all,

Jeff

It is a model variant. I've got one of the first LS430s with the metal finish round the gear leaver and the 5 speed gearbox. I think they introduced the wood surround with the first 'face lift' when they also introduced the 6 speed gearbox and swivelling headlights.

Don't be put off the early cars, I've heard the early and late cars from the LS430 production run are the most reliable, and mine has been fine. Be careful trying to fit a wood surround from a later car to an early model the change of gearbox may mean it won't fit, unless anybody knows different?

The early cars came with 17" wheels, and they changed to 18" at the first 'face lift'.

All UK LS430s have self levelling air suspension. I believe when it was first introduced the 'lux' pack with the radio and air con controls in the rear arm rest and 'massaging' rear seats was an option, but when only 10% of customers bought it without the option they made it standard. If you find one without it will be rare.

All versions of the car are good; just buy the best you can afford.

Best of luck.

John N

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

PM me some details and pics of your car along with price and I'll ask around for you (in trade).

Go for the Premium Pack LS430 as it comes with the rear massage seats, electric rear blind and a few other things (some have the multimedia option). I wanted a LS430 but didn't go for one purely because of the air suspension. It will probably be very reliable but I do a lot of miles and was paranoid of it going wrong (not a cheap fix), so went for a mark 4 LS.

B

The wood around the gear lever came in before the face lift.

My car is a 2002/52 plate and is pre-face lift (i.e. with 17" wheels and downward pointing exhaust tips as opposed to sticking out straight backwards) but *does* have the wood around the gear stick.

So I think it's just a question of the manufacture date.

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links