Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drivers Window

My drivers window is acting up intermittently. Sometimes it'll go up touch the top of the door frame and bounce down again.

It's been to Lexus on and off for a little while now and I believe they replaced the motor at some stage. It's still doing it and is really irritating. My car's going in for the airbag light to be sorted next week, anyone got any ideas about the window so I can raise that with them again?

Thanks.

The window would back off to prevent jamming fingers or such like.

As Mat says, probably an oversensitive trip out.

Unless the glass is tight / dragging in the runners and not free to move easily ?

Or it thinks ... Hell it's sunny, get dat damn window open :iraqi-info-minister:

my dad's merc does the same thing

it was suggested that the trim that the window slides through is providing too much resistance to the window (hence it thinks something is stuck)

was told to try lubricating the track to make the window slide through easier (havent tried it yet though)

It's going back in again on Thursday, so I'll mention all of this to them.

It's more of an irritant than anything else, but I don't want to be stuck with it after the warranty's up (I'm thinking about buying the car from the lease company next year)

Claire

My car will be due for a service within the next 3 months and I am wondering where you take your car.

I work in Bracknell and would be interested in your opinion of the local Lexus service departments.

Do you use Octagon Bracknell or Reading and if so what do you think of the service you receive from them.

:D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links