Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, a stone hit the screen the other day and cracked there and then, so the windscreen company came this morning and said, the new one hasn't got the rubber trim at the top, only cosmetic he said, so i said i would like it as it is, as it's there for a reason, so he said he will have to get it from a main dealer.

If i accepted it without the trim, i know he would of filled the gap where the trim would of been, with the glue, which would of looked wrong, am i right to put my foot down, i feel a bit picky.

Well, a stone hit the screen the other day and cracked there and then, so the windscreen company came this morning and said, the new one hasn't got the rubber trim at the top, only cosmetic he said, so i said i would like it as it is, as it's there for a reason, so he said he will have to get it from a main dealer.

If i accepted it without the trim, i know he would of filled the gap where the trim would of been, with the glue, which would of looked wrong, am i right to put my foot down, i feel a bit picky.

200% right not to accept half a job mate. Good on you..

Col msn-wink.gif

Right, he has come back with the trim to fit at the top of the screen, im watching him all the time, and even helping him with the trim removal, both sides have broken so the new side trim is being ordered too, i dont think he has done a lexus before though by the look of it. Im probably getting on the bloke's nerves, but i hate anyone other than main dealer working on my car's.

When he called the office about the trim, i heard him say the bloke's giving him agg, im not, but tough anyway i guess, i want it done right.

Right, he has come back with the trim to fit at the top of the screen, im watching him all the time, and even helping him with the trim removal, both sides have broken so the new side trim is being ordered too, i dont think he has done a lexus before though by the look of it. Im probably getting on the bloke's nerves, but i hate anyone other than main dealer working on my car's.

The side trims are a right royal pain. I've yet to work out how to get them off without breaking the clips. It's a stupid design that means shelling out an extra £40 x 2 each time the windscreen's replaced.

Unless anyone knows 'the trick' and cares to share it?

When he called the office about the trim, i heard him say the bloke's giving him agg, im not, but tough anyway i guess, i want it done right.

The next buyer of your car might spot the "non standard" windscreen and wonder what other damage the car has suffered. He might also assume that it was a low cost option and be thinking leaks in the future. In other words it might devalue the car and your windscreen man will certainly not compensate you then.

When my car was 2mnths old I needed a new screen & had Lexus Derby do the job as their quote was better than Auto Windscreens & included all the trims

& the Lexus GB label from Portubury Bristol.

Tel

The trims and clips broke when they took them out, so ive got new ones, not fitted yet, but the screen has a little chip or break in the laminate at the top, and im not 100% happy with the screen, so im getting another one fitted, so far they have been ok about it, why cant these things go right first time.

On another note, i didn't realise the screen was acoustic?.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links