Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Renewal

Ouch, 58 quid a month, teach me to bump the car!! And that's after shopping around for hours. Two weeks till my current policy runs out, hopefully get it cheaper by then............ doubt it though. :sick:

Ouch, 58 quid a month, teach me to bump the car!! And that's after shopping around for hours. Two weeks till my current policy runs out, hopefully get it cheaper by then............ doubt it though. :sick:

who you going with mate? my renewal quote was ridiculous this year - chuchill wanted £20 extra a month. Even though im a year older (and wiser :winky: ) I had an extra years no claims bonus, told them to do one and went with tesco which was £3 a month cheaper. :)

who you going with mate? my renewal quote was ridiculous this year - chuchill wanted £20 extra a month. Even though im a year older (and wiser :winky: ) I had an extra years no claims bonus, told them to do one and went with tesco which was £3 a month cheaper. :)

Swiftcover, put my father on the policy dropped it by 10 quid :winky: Bell Insurance wanted 540 quid for a 10 month policy but in one lump. Still looking :crybaby:

you guys have got it easy...try insuring an IS200 Sport as a 20 year old with 1.5 years driving time/no claims....NOT cheap. worth every penny though ;)

try insuring a 400bhp Turbo IS as anybody lol

I wonder who has the cheapest cover?

Only £270* FC on an IS300SCNav .. I guess not being 20 (that was a long time ago), having 10+ year's no claims (a bit difficult when you're 20) and a 'so called' advanced driver does help.

* with MoreThan

Of course there are other significant factors - the car's not brand new - no performance mods - not used for boy racing :)

Hi Folks,

It seems to me that the main factor, above all others, which decides how much you pay on insurance is the one that you've got the least control over (i.e. your postcode). Take a look at this link http://www.motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php.

So, unfortunately, a clean driving record and losts of NCB aren't worth much if you live somewhere that's deems to be a bad bet. I live in Bury (Lancashire) and have just renewed the insurance on my (may the Lord forgive me) 02 plate Nissan Almera and that worked out at £389 (with Swiftcover) Even though Bury is normally regarded as a "sleepy town", the insurance companies have my postcode down as a "F*" postcode which basically means that whatever I want to insure will be very expensive (even though I'm 44, have 10 year+ NCB and a completely clean license).

Cheers,

Mick.

you guys have got it easy...try insuring an IS200 Sport as a 20 year old with 1.5 years driving time/no claims....NOT cheap. worth every penny though ;)

who you insured with mate as my policy has been cancelled as i was paying £220 a month and that my dad as the 1st driver and me as 2nd driver fully comp gutted car,less help guys please!!! recommend me some insurance companies or brokers please!! I've posted on a new topic on Lexus general discussions any suggestions please post there or here. What ever you guys can do to help me.

who you insured with mate as my policy has been cancelled as i was paying £220 a month and that my dad as the 1st driver and me as 2nd driver fully comp gutted car,less help guys please!!! recommend me some insurance companies or brokers please!! I've posted on a new topic on Lexus general discussions any suggestions please post there or here. What ever you guys can do to help me.

im insured with admiral at the moment, i started the policy to cover my *cough* fiat stilo. and then i just payed the difference on the remaining 6 months when i switched to the is200.

and thats with me being the registered keeper, main driver, and with my parents added as additional drivers. and having got my first year no claims as the main driver on my own insurance with the fiat.

getting a woman on there takes hundreds off it too, even if they are only a secondary driver!

so if you've got a wife/gf/mum then stick them on there even if your never gunna let them behind the wheel. lol

im insured with admiral at the moment, i started the policy to cover my *cough* fiat stilo. and then i just payed the difference on the remaining 6 months when i switched to the is200.

and thats with me being the registered keeper, main driver, and with my parents added as additional drivers. and having got my first year no claims as the main driver on my own insurance with the fiat.

getting a woman on there takes hundreds off it too, even if they are only a secondary driver!

so if you've got a wife/gf/mum then stick them on there even if your never gunna let them behind the wheel. lol

Cheers very clever that way actually

Actually not quite true, if the woman is under 25 you will find that the policy cost increases. For some reason women under 25 are deemed to be a liability. Now if that woman is your mother it could be seen as lowering the risk :D

1. You need to work at it. Comparison sites will not get you the best deal - you need to phone many companies and sometimes play one off against another. It takes a long time and a lot of effort.

2. If your car is heavily modified and looks like it has been stolen from a drug-dealer, plus you have only just passed your test - it is always going to be very, very expensive to insure. Unfortunately, Insurance Companies are actually correct when they think the chances of you costing them money are high. Realistically, unless you are wealthy, get rid of this car and get something cheaper to insure until you are richer. You probably couldn't really afford to run it anyway.

3. Before making any claim work out how much repair costs are compared with the amount your insurance will go up over several years. Your excess figure at next renewal should take this into account.

4. When it looks like insurance will get cheaper when you reach 25, this will move to 30 when you get there etc.

5. Read ALL the Terms and Conditions, remembering always that their aim is more to make profits than provide what you would like.

6. GOOD LUCK :)

Actually not quite true, if the woman is under 25 you will find that the policy cost increases. For some reason women under 25 are deemed to be a liability. Now if that woman is your mother it could be seen as lowering the risk :D

If you were 17 when you took out the policy, your mother would have been 8 years old when she gave birth. Am I missing something?

If you were 17 when you took out the policy, your mother would have been 8 years old when she gave birth. Am I missing something?

Probably. The quote was referring to THAT woman being added not to the 25yr old :duh: So you being 20 your mother is going to at last 36 (probably) so having a mature female adult on the ticket usually means that you are going to be more careful.

... though from the way I have seen some 35 yr old females drive ... perhaps not.

Im due for renewal in 3weeks, this is going to be my 3rd year driving my car (Altezza) 1st insured it in my own name fully comp in 2007 for around £850-900 :) Not bad considering ALL mods were declared and i was 21 with 2yrs

My renewal last year cost me £526 fully comp, just me on the policy, hopefully this year i can save a few bob too

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links