Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Product Recall

I have just acquired a Lexus IS220d sport 06 which has 56K on the clock. I am very disappointed with the economy and 1st and second gear performance lag like many others.

I would like to find out if the car has been back to Lexus for any of the various recalls that i have read about and was wondering if they would have a record of the work they have carried out.

If the work has not been carried out would i be able to get the fifth injector and ECU reflash free of charge or would it be chargeable?

I also read somewhere about a recall for a squeeky driver seat which relates to an issue with 4 screws. Does anyone have any more info on this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

"Recall work is always free of charge"

within the warranty period.

no experiance of lexus but with nissan there was a recall on ignition switch and when I got the car it was way out of warranty but the ignition was going faulty and they changed it for no cost at all

• 4 months later...

Dont suppose anyone has a list of recall items for a 06 is220d sport? I have recently purchased the car through lexus dealership local to me (paying over the odds) and i know it whines when driving casually in 3rd at about 30mph in addition to the serious lag in 1st and stupidly poor consumption and no i dont drive it hard, more like an old lady! I also have a noise coming from underneath that sounds like the drive shaft knocking? I have read through the "warranty" that came with the car and personally its not worth the paper its printed on so I was wondering if any of these would be on a product recall list, I have tried google but its not being much help atm. Thanks in advance.

Dont suppose anyone has a list of recall items for a 06 is220d sport? I have recently purchased the car through lexus dealership local to me (paying over the odds) and i know it whines when driving casually in 3rd at about 30mph in addition to the serious lag in 1st and stupidly poor consumption and no i dont drive it hard, more like an old lady! I also have a noise coming from underneath that sounds like the drive shaft knocking? I have read through the "warranty" that came with the car and personally its not worth the paper its printed on so I was wondering if any of these would be on a product recall list, I have tried google but its not being much help atm. Thanks in advance.

If it is from a Lexus Dealership it should have 12 months used approved warranty. From personal experience I can tell you that it is extremely comprehensive and IS worth the paper it is written on.

Furthermore, as I have said many times, it is covered for 6 months from purchase under Sale of Goods Act. If there is a fault then the dealer has to rectify it unless they can PROVE that the fault was not present or developing at the time of purchase....called "reverse burden of proof".

Any recall work should have been carried out and will be traceable by the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links