Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Difference Between Is220D Se And Is220D Se-L?

Hi guys! This is my first topic!

A bit about my car: I have recently purchased a Lexus IS220d SE-L Multimedia 2008 Windsor Blue with Oakham Beige leather interior and wood inserts. The car is smashing, what a difference from Renault Grand Scenic Privilege 1.6VVT 2007 :D The reason I went for this car is because of its looks, especially the front wheel arches...they make it look like a super-car.. luxury is everywhere in this car...I like built-in multimedia centre with high quality touch screen!

Question: What is really setting apart SE and SE-L editions? I tried looking everywhere no no avail..

Could someone shed some light on this?

Thank you Lexus club members!!!

Welcome to the club, and congrats on the new car :)

Main differences are that your SE-L has the following over the SE:

HID lights

Rear blind

Memory seats

Wood trim

Illuminated sill plates

Rain sensor (?)

And probably a few other things I can't remember :hehe:

Steering column tucks in and away when car is turned off aswell i think . My IS250 SE-L does that and i'm sure the SE loaners i've had never did it :)

Steering column tucks in and away when car is turned off aswell i think . My IS250 SE-L does that and i'm sure the SE loaners i've had never did it :)

No I think you're right, as it requires the memory positions to do this. Also based on the same fact think the reverse mirror dip is only on the SE-L too.

No I think you're right, as it requires the memory positions to do this. Also based on the same fact think the reverse mirror dip is only on the SE-L too.

Yes, you are correct. The mirrors do dip when put in to reverse.

You also get front and rear parking sensors and auto dipping rear view and wing mirrors on the SE-L models

You also get front and rear parking sensors and auto dipping rear view and wing mirrors on the SE-L models

Awesome, slowly building the list of differences up :winky:

Awesome, slowly building the list of differences up :winky:

Thanks guys for your kind responses! I'd be honest I thought L extension stood for long wheel base or air suspension...Well this is what friend of mine was saying :D Sounds silly now :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links