Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Thinking of a bit of a reshuffle - selling the IS200 of her indoors, giving her my RX and then getting myself a GS450! B)

Fingers crossed I've found one but if I go for it I would need to get the wheels refurbed. Having read a couple of postings it sounds like the tyre pressure monitors have a bit of a habit for snapping when changing tyres. I found out from Lex today that each sensor kit is circa £180 :blink:

SO...personally I don't need such things telling me I have a flat/low pressure so is there any way of disabling things so I don't get warning messages up on the dash??

Cheers,

Noman

Hi

I have had 4 wheels changed under warranty, to save time they asked me if I would take the car and the new wheels to there local tyre fitting company. I was also concerned about the sensors so I kept an eye on what they were doing, the guy told me that they mark the collar and nut holding the sensor on and then count how many revaluations it takes for the nut to undo, then when they put it back on they just tighten it up by the same amount of revaluations until the marks line up. This was done 6 month ago and touch wood I haven’t had any problems.

Hope this info may help

Hi, I have had 2 sets of tyres and the odd puncture repair on my 450h all performed by Apex Tyres of Peterborough with no problems, I always smear a trace of grease on the valve stem then nip the steel dust caps up with a 10 MM spanner to prevent theft of same. System is worth keeping, I recently had a major deflation on a M.Way under hard acceleration and was only alerted by the display on the dash, also warned me of a slow puncture before setting out on a dark morning.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links