Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Wheels With 35 Offset

Russell-H

I have managed to get hold of some 18" Lexus wheels and hope they will fit my IS300 the main concern is the offset the wheels are 18" x 7" but the offset is only 35 I belive the offset on the 17" is 50 so this will stick it out 15mm further than standared also the 225 tyre will add another 5mm to this so the whole lot will be 20 mm further out than standared.

1, Will this fit

2, Will it handle ok

Many thanks

Russell.

1. Yep. I'm running 18"s with 30 offset and I've also dropped the car on coilovers.

2. Yep. I actually found that the car handled a LOT better for me after switching from the stock 17's to 18's. Not only was the ride smoother (which is weird for going up a wheel size), but as the wheels are spaced slightly further apart it also seemed to help keep the car seated when cornering.

Only thing I'd suggest after upgrading is to get the alignment checked, just to make sure you dont start shredding through the new tyres on your 18's

I echo Jim, I too and running 18's but my offset is 35, same as your request, they do stick out 15mm further than stock, however stock ones do sit well into the arches anyway, I beleive recommended offset is actually 38-50 or there abouts, so 35 is only a few mm off, I have no issues with mine

im running a 35 offset with my 18 and running one of the biggest suspension drops on here... 90mm front and 100mm rear with no issues

This has put my mind at rest, i think the wheels are off either a gs or rx i got them of eBay and only paid £100 for them so a good deal made even better by the fact that the seller only lives 1/4 of a mile away so no postage. I just did not want to buy tyres then find they would not fit the car. I will put picturwes up once fitted however this could be a while yet as i want 225 35 18 and these are quite rare and so expensive.

Thanks

Russell.

This has put my mind at rest, i think the wheels are off either a gs or rx i got them of ebay and only paid £100 for them so a good deal made even better by the fact that the seller only lives 1/4 of a mile away so no postage. I just did not want to buy tyres then find they would not fit the car. I will put picturwes up once fitted however this could be a while yet as i want 225 35 18 and these are quite rare and so expensive.

Thanks

Russell.

Try this lot for tyres :)

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s20p0

Andy

This has put my mind at rest, i think the wheels are off either a gs or rx i got them of ebay and only paid £100 for them so a good deal made even better by the fact that the seller only lives 1/4 of a mile away so no postage. I just did not want to buy tyres then find they would not fit the car. I will put picturwes up once fitted however this could be a while yet as i want 225 35 18 and these are quite rare and so expensive.

Thanks

Russell.

35 profile is wrong the correct tyre size is 225,40,18.

why you wanting to run 35's?

Firstly because the one place the tyre may hit is fronts on full lock are very close to wheel arch and sidewall on 35 profile is only 79 mm whilst side wall on 40 profile is 90 so quite a big difference, also the tyre size calculater that i use http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp?item=Wheel-Tire size comparer&sw1=215&ar1=45&bd1=17&rw1=7.0&et1=50&sw2=225&ar2=35&bd2=18&rw2=7.0&et2=35&text1=&text2=

says that the 35 profile is 1.8 % smaller and the 40 profile is 1.8% bigger than standared so so both as close as the other, plkus i am lead to belive that the lower the profile the more stable the tyre.

Kind regards

Russell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links