Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Wheels

j8pfc

Apologies if this seems a really stupid question :)

I am thinking of replacing the standard 17" wheels on my IS200 Sport [2004] with 16" wheels with winter tyres [so I can drive in straight lines!!] and swap them over when we have some decent weather [if ever..]

Do the Standard Lexus 16" IS200 wheels just fit, or do I need to do anything????

As you can gather I am not a mechanic.......:)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

John

They'll be fine mate. Youjust have to make sure you get the right size tyres on the 16s so that the rolling circumfrance of the wheels stays the same so the speedo with real correctly. Im not sure what size tyres the IS should have on 16s but Im sure someone will be around soon that will.

Gareth

• 7 months later...

I have recently acquired a 2002 IS300 SportCross, and I am thinking of doing the same as the OP - changing from the original 17" wheels with 45-profile tyres to 16" wheels with higher (55-profile) tyres. Partly to deal with Scottish winter roads, but also to achieve a slightly less harsh ride.

The SportCross has 215/45 x R17 tyres on the front and 225/45 x R17 on the rear

I see that the specs quoted by TonyGoose suggest that the alternative to the 17" x 7jj wheels is the 16" x 6.5jj size, with 205/55 x R16 tyres.

It is possible to get Toyota/Lexus wheels which are 16" x 7jj. Is there any reason why I shouldn't fit these on my SportCross? They would enable me - I assume - to run the higher profile tyres but the same width as the originals, ie 215/55 x R16 at the front and 225/55 x R16 at the rear.

Might be selling mine, is this what your after.

Hi wicked... I am assuming it would be best to fit Lexus/Toyota wheels as these would have the right number of bolt-holes of the correct size. The exact style is not a deal-breaker.

So if those are 16" wheels, they might do nicely! What are the exact details?

I ask because one of the key issues for me is the WIDTH of the replacement 16" wheels. It appears that the the IS200 normally has 16" x 6.5 jj width. The IS300 saloon has, I believe, 17" x 6.5 jj, front and rear, with 215/55 tyres all round. The SportCross has - as standard - 17" x 7jj at the front (with 215/45 tyres) and 17" x 7.5 jj at the rear (with 225/45 tyres).

So if I go over to 16" wheels on my IS300 SportCross, I'll want to put 215/55s on the front and 225/55s on the rear. Ideally I'd like a pair of 16" x 7.0 jj wheels for the front, and a pair of 16" x 7.5 jj for the rear. But I may have to settle for all four being 16" x 7.0 jj and hope that these wheels will take 215/55 on the front and 225/55 at the rear (or else put 215/55s all round...)

Maybe a tyre expert can comment on these various combinations. But PM me the full details of your wheels - and where you are - if there's scope for us to do a deal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links