Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help, My Is200 Won't Start

CraigB

Evening all,

I've just been out to start my car after a few days stood in the cold. The central locking worked, the dash has all the usual lights on, but when you try and turn it over there's a funny buzzing/clicking sound fromnder the bonnet. I would go and investigate but it's too cold tonight.

Does it sound like the Battery is knackered or something drastic?

Thoughts?

Cheers

Craig

Sounds like the Battery to me. They wont even attempt to start with anything less than @ 10v. I thought it was something more as most cars will at least try to turn over. Should be able to get it going with a jump start to get you to the store for a new Battery

Do you know what, I completly forgot about that Battery meter thing in the middle of dash. I see it every day and never take any notice of it.

Well today it proved quite useful, and the Battery is indeed knackered. Off to Halfords to get a new one.

Thanks everyone.

CB

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies...the conclusion is...

Halfords wanted £99inc vat for a Battery , youch!

Kwikfit wanted £72 inc vat, better but still a lot of money for a water filled plastic box.

Toyota told me to go away, they had no batteries which would work with a Lexus. Plonkers.

so a quick call to the ever so nice people in Lexus Bristol and £62 later and I've got a new Battery and a working Lexus again. And...the coffee in the dealership is excellent.

The Battery is a al branded Toyota so I'm sure the Toyota dealer would of had one to fit..oh well , their loss.

Whilst I was there i couldn't help notice that IS250 are £5000 off list price. not bad eh.

Merry Christmas all.

Craig

Well im glad you got it sooo much cheaper than Halfords, i work at a dealer and there cheeky adverts p*** me off. Heard one the other day saying they fit bulbs and wipers for only an few pounds and are half the price of most dealers. Half the price???? I have to fit bulbs and wipers for free how can you do half of free??? Not only that but would you really want some spotty collage drop out taking ur light clusters out or even worse replacing your Battery or radio???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links