Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've gradually been getting to grips with the finer points of life with an LS400 since getting mine last summer. The heating controls still elude me but I've more or less worked out how to use the SatNav (I've never had one before). However, this might sound silly, but I don't seem to be able to get the nice lady to tell me where to go (as it were). When I put in my destination, the map comes up and the directions change as I carry on, but I never get any verbal instructions. I've tried pressing the 'Voice' button but she remains steadfastly silent. I wondered whether my repeated pressing of the button had turned her off again (and then on and off again), or could there be a fault in the system? Anyone else had this problem? How often is she supposed to speak? It's not the end of the world, but I wanted to find out whether the voice was actually female and whether she spoke Japanese or English (or English with a strong Japanese accent.)

Hi,

I think there should be voice instructions do you not have the owners manual I think there is a separate one for the nav sysytem.

In the mean time 迷ってしまいました。

Yes, I've got a separate instruction book for the SatNav but it doesn't seem to explain much about controlling the voice.

Hi,

I think there should be voice instructions do you not have the owners manual I think there is a separate one for the nav sysytem.

In the mean time 迷ってしまいました。

Yes, I've got a separate instruction book for the SatNav but it doesn't seem to explain much about controlling the voice.

Have you turned up the volume for the voice via the nav menu system?

Wow! how literate we are here on Lexus site!

Happy New Year to everyone, whether you can read Japanese or not!

When I was there, luckily signs were in both scripts, and enough people spoke Americaninglish to get by.

Lovely place.

How stupid can you (I) get? It never occurred to me that the volume on the satnav voice might have been switched off by the previous owner of the car.

There's an aspect of Lexus ownership I still haven't got used to yet: if it's not working, don't automatically assume it must be broken - just work out how to operate it properly.

Anyway, thanks volvo2lexus for suggesting I check the volume setting. And Happy New Year to all.

How stupid can you (I) get? It never occurred to me that the volume on the satnav voice might have been switched off by the previous owner of the car.

There's an aspect of Lexus ownership I still haven't got used to yet: if it's not working, don't automatically assume it must be broken - just work out how to operate it properly.

Anyway, thanks volvo2lexus for suggesting I check the volume setting. And Happy New Year to all.

:)

If you have a play around with the menu it's interesting how much stuff you can actually change. They should really have set the nav voice to override the audio source rather than just come out of one speaker though.

I got so fed up with it that I turned the voice off! Every time there was an instruction for Bossy Jane to relay, the radio would fall silent for a second or so before her voice would emerge from the front right speakers only. Very annoying. The screen is pretty good, especially if you select the split-screen view (close-up on the right, overview screen on the left) that you don't really need the voice....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links