Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thinking Of Buying A Rx 400H

I am looking at the 3 cars below. At first glance the newest car seems the best deal. But what if my first requirement was to get the monthly payment figure as low as possible?

Just wonder what one you guys would go for and why?

Cheers

Gerry

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Sep-07

Colour Blue/Grey

Mileage 50,500

Price £24,950

Offer £23,450

Discount £1,500

HP 458

PCP 508

Comments 3 years service for £1028 instead of £1416 =

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Mar-07

Colour Quartz/Ivory

Mileage 32,500

Price £24,450

Offer £22,950

Discount £1,500

HP 449

PCP 521

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Jun-08

Colour Silver/Grey

Mileage 46,478

Price £24,990

Offer £24,990

Discount £0

HP 488

PCP 491

Comments 3 years/30,000 miles free servicing

I am looking at the 3 cars below. At first glance the newest car seems the best deal. But what if my first requirement was to get the monthly payment figure as low as possible?

Cheers

Gerry

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Sep-07

Colour Blue/Grey

Mileage 50,500

Price £24,950

Offer £23,450

Discount £1,500

HP 458

PCP 508

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Mar-07

Colour Quartz/Ivory

Mileage 32,500

Price £24,450

Offer £22,950

Discount £1,500

HP 449

PCP 521

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Jun-08

Colour Silver/Grey

Mileage 46,478

Price £24,990

Offer £24,990

Discount £0

HP 488

PCP 491

Those prices look a little high to me ! First off, do you really need an SE-L ? All you get over a late model SE is front headrest monitors and dvd player + air suspension. You can get the former by going for a SE ICE model.

I opted for a 350, but when I was looking for a 400h I got offered two 2008 SE's, both with under 30K on the clock and each one was under £23,000. These were from Lexus Newcastle - Steve Humble is the guy to talk to.

Cheers

Gerry

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Sep-07

Colour Blue/Grey

Mileage 50,500

Price £24,950

Offer £23,450

Discount £1,500

HP 458

PCP 508

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Mar-07

Colour Quartz/Ivory

Mileage 32,500

Price £24,450

Offer £22,950

Discount £1,500

HP 449

PCP 521

Model SE-L

Reg

Date Jun-08

Colour Silver/Grey

Mileage 46,478

Price £24,990

Offer £24,990

Discount £0

HP 488

PCP 491

Those prices look a little high to me ! First off, do you really need an SE-L ? All you get over a late model SE is front headrest monitors and dvd player + air suspension. You can get the former by going for a SE ICE model.

I opted for a 350, but when I was looking for a 400h I got offered two 2008 SE's, both with under 30K on the clock and each one was under £23,000. These were from Lexus Newcastle - Steve Humble is the guy to talk to.

Cheers mate, the reason they look high is probably because they have over-allowed on my part-ex (GS 450h). Most traders were offering £13.5k to £15k. The above cars come with a £16k trade-in allowance.

I don't need an SE-L at all, just choosing a few cars that were near to me that happen to be the top model.

Thanks

Gerry

Sorry, just to add that I have a Glass's guide report done on these cars and all are well under the recommended price guide.

How do I tell if the price is too high, they seem about right relative to other cars on Lexus.com?

Thanks

Gerry

Hi Gerry, i have the SE-L model 400h and would go for that. The SE-L models on the 400h dont have air suspension so you won't have any issues with sensors failing. You get the sat/nav, dvd screens, reverse camera and better sound system, I bought mine last march from lexus hatfield,Hertfordshire , 06 plate with 27k on clock was up for £24,995 but with no trade in got them down to £22,500, full tank fuel, bumper protector, boot liner and delivered to lowestoft suffolk.

Hope of some help to you, superb cars mate.

Phil.

Hi Gerry, i have the SE-L model 400h and would go for that. The SE-L models on the 400h dont have air suspension so you won't have any issues with sensors failing. You get the sat/nav, dvd screens, reverse camera and better sound system, I bought mine last march from lexus hatfield,Hertfordshire , 06 plate with 27k on clock was up for £24,995 but with no trade in got them down to £22,500, full tank fuel, bumper protector, boot liner and delivered to lowestoft suffolk.

Hope of some help to you, superb cars mate.

Phil.

Very helpful, thnks Phil. Hatfield is one of the dealers I am going to visit so good to hear they come with a recommendation from a LOC member.

I think I'll try for the fuel bumpe protectore nd boot liner!

They have offered 3 years servicing for £1k, they reckon it would normally cost £1.4k

Cheers

Gerry

Hi Gerry, i dealt with a salesman chap called Stuart, very helpfull couldn't do enough for me, i also got 12 months lexus warranaty some touch up paint, and i blagged a lexus baseball cap out of him. They delivered it to my house a week after i done the deal (serviced and m.ot done before delivery F.O.C ) The day of delivery it arrived early morning only for me to find the Battery was flat later that day, so called lexus hatfield and they aranged for me to take it to my local lexus dealer Norwich to have new Battery fitted under warranty no probs. One other thing mate just check the alloy wheels for corrosion as i have had a brand new set just fitted by lexus norwich after they spoke to lexus on my behalf as my car was 4 years old and out of warranty and they agreed to replace them free ! They know they have issues with corrosion so there should be no probs getting wheels replaced if you need to.

Regards

Phil.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links