Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Master Brake Recall

Car went in yesterday following the Master Brake Cylinder recall. when I picked it up they had put £25 of fuel in and gave me a bottle of Piper Champagne. :D

Car went in yesterday following the Master Brake Cylinder recall. when I picked it up they had put £25 of fuel in and gave me a bottle of Piper Champagne. :D

Hi,can't fault that for customer service can you?more dealers need to try harder - its all about customer satisfaction and Lexus do come up ace.

Had mine done last Friday. Nice bottle of Piper H. Champagne and a full valet and they put in £30 of fuel. As I log all my fuel inputs they gave me the receipt so it was definately £30 worth. They can do the master cylinder as often as they like !!

:D Alan

I've missed this.....may I ask which model this recall effects? I have a Mk1 '03 and have had no communication from Lexus so am hoping its the later model.

Mines a MkII on an 04 plate. I got the notice back in Nov took this long for them to call it in.

Just purchased an 05 rx300 should I be worried ?

Just give your local dealer a call. Have your VIN number at hand and they will check for you!

Like others, mine came back with the valet, fuel and champagne B)

You must have a better Lexus dealer than us!

Car went in today for Master Brake Cylinder recall. They said we would have a RX450 replacement car (needed for me as I need automatic and cant cope with small, sporty cars). When arrived, they had an IS 250F (automatic) - the sport type model. I couldnt cope with it, luckily partner had to drive it that day, so I kept his Volvo. Had a call after an hour or so saying that tyres need replacement, also all front and rear break pads and disks, as a matter of urgency. Total £679.20 for brakes and £600 for tyres.

I said I would check and ring them back as I had only had the vehicle serviced three weeks ago. They said they had already swapped the one tyre that was illegal (1.6mm) for the spare tyre. (all my tyres are Dunlop, except the spare which is a Bridgestone.) Before I had chance to to call them back with my decision on the other matters, they had given the car back to my partner at the garage and he had returned home.

On checking the vehicle, they had not swapped out the tyre, they had marked the safety report as Amber for all brakes as follows:

Front disc just above minimum

Front pads worn 60-70%

N/S/R Handbrake cable sticking on (already discussed and sorted with our mechanic)

Rear disc corroded inner edge

I also realised that there was no paperwork at all to confirm whether they had dealt wtih the master brake cylinder recall. Should I not have had something to put with the paperwork to confirm that this had been done?

Altogether most upset with the whole episode. I was willing to accept them checking the recall, even after the last time I took it to them for work required, when they removed a faulty rear quarter window and cut the bodywork with a box cutter when they removed the window (requiring a total rear side respray). On checking the car over when we went to collect it from the respray, we noticed a dent and scratching on the rear panel and the black bumper bit. Luckily we had not got in the car before we checked it, and when we pointed it out, they said they possibly backed it into a wall or something, but they would get it sorted,(requiring further delay at the shop for repair and repainting of rear panel and bumper).

I know we should not really have let it go back to them after the first couple of mistakes, but we didnt think they could muck up a recall! Also quite upset that, if they did consider the rear right tyre was so bad, why did they say they had swapped it, and then not mention it when it was due to be driven 20 miles home?

Altogether most disappointed, and getting ready to call them tomorrow to try and get paperwork to confirm the recall work has been done.

I dont suppose I shall be getting any petrol and champagne!

(BTW - checked with my mechanic, who confirmed that my disks and pads were low, but have been like that for the last two services, and he considers that the way and amount I drive, they will last at least another service, if not more!)

You must have a better Lexus dealer than us!

Car went in today for Master Brake Cylinder recall. They said we would have a RX450 replacement car (needed for me as I need automatic and cant cope with small, sporty cars). When arrived, they had an IS 250F (automatic) - the sport type model. I couldnt cope with it, luckily partner had to drive it that day, so I kept his Volvo. Had a call after an hour or so saying that tyres need replacement, also all front and rear break pads and disks, as a matter of urgency. Total £679.20 for brakes and £600 for tyres.

I said I would check and ring them back as I had only had the vehicle serviced three weeks ago. They said they had already swapped the one tyre that was illegal (1.6mm) for the spare tyre. (all my tyres are Dunlop, except the spare which is a Bridgestone.) Before I had chance to to call them back with my decision on the other matters, they had given the car back to my partner at the garage and he had returned home.

On checking the vehicle, they had not swapped out the tyre, they had marked the safety report as Amber for all brakes as follows:

Front disc just above minimum

Front pads worn 60-70%

N/S/R Handbrake cable sticking on (already discussed and sorted with our mechanic)

Rear disc corroded inner edge

I also realised that there was no paperwork at all to confirm whether they had dealt wtih the master brake cylinder recall. Should I not have had something to put with the paperwork to confirm that this had been done?

Altogether most upset with the whole episode. I was willing to accept them checking the recall, even after the last time I took it to them for work required, when they removed a faulty rear quarter window and cut the bodywork with a box cutter when they removed the window (requiring a total rear side respray). On checking the car over when we went to collect it from the respray, we noticed a dent and scratching on the rear panel and the black bumper bit. Luckily we had not got in the car before we checked it, and when we pointed it out, they said they possibly backed it into a wall or something, but they would get it sorted,(requiring further delay at the shop for repair and repainting of rear panel and bumper).

I know we should not really have let it go back to them after the first couple of mistakes, but we didnt think they could muck up a recall! Also quite upset that, if they did consider the rear right tyre was so bad, why did they say they had swapped it, and then not mention it when it was due to be driven 20 miles home?

Altogether most disappointed, and getting ready to call them tomorrow to try and get paperwork to confirm the recall work has been done.

I dont suppose I shall be getting any petrol and champagne!

(BTW - checked with my mechanic, who confirmed that my disks and pads were low, but have been like that for the last two services, and he considers that the way and amount I drive, they will last at least another service, if not more!)

Name and shame them, this is why we have a Forum, "WE" need to know which Lexus dealers are bad...and good of course !!!!!

This was the Leicester Lexus dealer, and just had another chat with them when they confirmed that no paperwork is given with warranty work on the recall, and when I questioned how I would confirm the work had been done, and what work had been done, if I came to sell it, they said that they had it on their computer, and that the purchaser could ring them.

Also they said that as we had declined all other work, they assumed we declined the illegal tyre change, and therefore left us to drive home on, what they consider, an illegal tyre.

So I am not sure what they have done to the car, and feel that this is just another way of getting vehicles back into the shop to get more money out of you by scaremongering. I am not a "dumb blonde" and double check what work needs doing. My mechanic I have known for years, and if also now a family friend.

I will update you when our mechanic has checked the vehicle and let you know the status.

Name and shame them, this is why we have a Forum, "WE" need to know which Lexus dealers are bad...and good of course !!!!!

Lexus Leicester. What a surprise. I've never had a good experience with their Sales or Service since crica 2000 (when they were located on Blackbird Road). Anyway, can't stand them. That's why my cars go to Lexus Nottingham even though Lexus Leicester is about 2miles from me...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links