Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Did The Garage Damage My Bearing When Changing Breakdisks?

Upon leaving the garage after my MOT i noticed a loud drumming/humming sound when bearing right at speed.

I returned to the garage a few days later to be informed that the front nearside bearing needed replacing due to wear and tear. I said that the noise wasn't there when it was delivered to them and was very obvious upon collection so how could this be wear and tear. No problem with the bearing came up on the MOT but they did need to change the front nearside brake disk. They are saying it is not possible that they damaged the bearing while installing the brake disk. Does enyone have an opinion?

They want the following to put it right...

Labour 1.5 - £82.50 + VAT

Front Wheel Bearing - £245.12 + VAT

Wheel Alignment - £30.00 + VAT

so about £430 quid all in. Is this about right?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Paul

Not sure about the causes, but the price of the bearings sounds quite expensive? I recently replaced the bearings on my IS and they were £82+VAT each so unless the LS parts are a lot more expensive I would query that.

Also did they replace just one brake disc? I've never heard of that being done........

Personally I'd have it done somewhere else, I had a bearing recently replaced at my Lexus dealer and it cost half what you've been quoted.

Upon leaving the garage after my MOT i noticed a loud drumming/humming sound when bearing right at speed.

I returned to the garage a few days later to be informed that the front nearside bearing needed replacing due to wear and tear. I said that the noise wasn't there when it was delivered to them and was very obvious upon collection so how could this be wear and tear. No problem with the bearing came up on the MOT but they did need to change the front nearside brake disk. They are saying it is not possible that they damaged the bearing while installing the brake disk. Does enyone have an opinion?

They want the following to put it right...

Labour 1.5 - £82.50 + VAT

Front Wheel Bearing - £245.12 + VAT

Wheel Alignment - £30.00 + VAT

so about £430 quid all in. Is this about right?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Paul

The wheel bearing is a complete hub assembly and they are pretty easy to replace and as long as there is no current problem with the tracking then it will not affect it either.

Did they only replace one brake disc??????

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links