Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys,

Should stop reading these forums - i'm getting paranoid!

Lexus IS 250 2006 - when i press start button to ig-on (second press of button) after ACC (without foot on brake so vehicle is not actually starting) the needles do there normal little dance (which is nice!) and the display flashes up and goes through the checks etc. It always says 'Check VSC' on the multi-info display but no other lights are flashing on (CEL, Red Triangle/ Abs etc). The normal dash lights are on as the manual states and the message only flashes up and then goes straight off (think it even says 'Checks complete' either after or before it as well). I can then depress brake pedal and start the car as normal and the vehicle starts fine every time - no messages or anything, and "Check Complete" displays with no problems and all the dash lights go off. Never had any engine lights or other warning lights displayed when I start the car normally or whilst driving. Its just strange that on ig-on and no break pedal pressed the "check VSC" comes up? is it anything to worry about or will it always display this as the engine is not actually on/running if you see what i mean?

I only really noticed it as sometimes i forget to push the button to turn in my side mirrors after parking and so i then press the start button to ACC to get electric, do the side mirrors, and then annoyingly you have to press to Ig-on and go through the dash/needle ceremony before pushing the start button 3rd time to turn off! Bit frustrating I wish you could go straigt to 'OFF' from 'ACC'!

Am I being super-paranoid as I haven't had any problems with the vehicle when its actually physically starting up or whilst driving. Performance is fine and I love my luxury SE-L. I normally just jump in press brake - push button and away i go! I even drove to a very steep local hill and tried a hill start and the Hill start mechanism kicked in fine with the yellow car/skid symbol flashing as the vehicle began to start a slow roll back, which would suggest the vehicle stability (VSC) is working as it should.

Any reassurance out there?

Cheers

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

My car does the same. Spoke to Lexus at Chester who thought it a little odd, but as the warning triangle goes out there is not a problem. Local independant garage seemed to think it was just the car telling me that it was completing its check.

Thanks for the reassurance mate - it's sometimes good to know your not the only one! Strangely it seems to have stopped doing it now so may be it was just a 'blip'.

Still loving the car though and I hope you're enjoying the 'Sport'. B)

Cheers

Phil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links