Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black Brake Discs

Olly1979

Hi guys, I drive an IS200 (2000 86K miles)

Its in lovely nick and i am a mod virgin......

I've been lurking here and drooling over your pics, and I want to do a few things to start off slow!!

My car is Platinum Silver, and I'm going to get some really nice simple 5 spoke alloys for it. As these are going to be so open, I am going to paint my calipers (nice black i thought)

To set these off, I fancied black brake discs, does anyone have them? Or know where I can get them?

Thanks!!

welcome to the forum olly '

if i were you i would just spray the caliper unit matt black. it will go with the car.

the discs you could replace if they are not good. genuine dealer part is the way to go as most copies will get warped very quick.

get some pics after your touch ups! :hehe:

I'm in the process of getting a quote for some EBC parts, namely:

Lexus IS220D 2.2 TD 2005- Ultimax Pads - Front (DP1772)

Lexus IS220D 2.2 TD 2005- Ultimax Pads - Rear (DP1586)

Lexus IS220D 2.2 TD 2005- EBC Brakes Ultimax slotted rotors Front (USR7223)

Lexus IS220D 2.2 TD 2005- EBC Brakes Ultimax slotted rotors Rear (USR7391)

But you can get them for your own car.

The Ultimax slotted rotors are dark grey / black. http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/sport_slotted_brake_rotors/index.shtml

Edit: They do say the coating wears off after use though. Not sure what the point is then!

Edited by jackw

welcome to the forum olly '

if i were you i would just spray the caliper unit matt black. it will go with the car.

the discs you could replace if they are not good. genuine dealer part is the way to go as most copies will get warped very quick.

get some pics after your touch ups! :hehe:

Excellent idea Rudus, I've been looking at post after post on here, I'm going to paint the calipers black and also the hub part of the wheel, The Ronal R42 18s will show that off lovely.

I think i'm going to do a few bits like, debadged sport grille, debadge the body, perhaps do some cosmetic work to the lights, i want it to look subtle.....i'll post pics as I go......don't laugh though, cos it is totally stock at the moment, complete with scuffed to hell 5 spoke factory 17s, ans looks like its on stilts!!

And remember I am a virgin to this. I've been reading about Ormi's car, and it terrifys me!!

Excellent idea Rudus, I've been looking at post after post on here, I'm going to paint the calipers black and also the hub part of the wheel, The Ronal R42 18s will show that off lovely.

I think i'm going to do a few bits like, debadged sport grille, debadge the body, perhaps do some cosmetic work to the lights, i want it to look subtle.....i'll post pics as I go......don't laugh though, cos it is totally stock at the moment, complete with scuffed to hell 5 spoke factory 17s, ans looks like its on stilts!!

And remember I am a virgin to this. I've been reading about Ormi's car, and it terrifys me!!

Everyone's car started out stock Olly... even Stav's IS200 was once only 150 odd bhp, and now it sports a rather large single turbo engine conversion! Mine is pretty much stock as well, and it's the first car I ever made any changes to as well, so you are not alone...

I heartily recommend looking at the group buy section for jason's stainless steel dials, even I managed to fit them following his instructions and it's one of the simplest and yet most definitive mods you can make to the interior... Totally changes the look, in a good way :D

And ormi's car isn't terrifying at all - until you're in it and he floors it, pinning you to the seat :D

Cheers Dave, I' getting quite excited about this, i'm making a list of all the stuff I want to do, and I ahve some gear waiting to be fitted (new ball joints and stuff)

I reckon I could have got the bug! I've been on eBay for hours checking out the look of different stuff, then onto here to look at what people say about each thing!! Its madness!!

No I think Ormi's car looks very cool, bit hardcore for me, but the amount of work he's done is terrifying!

I'm sure it won't be long til i get oily hands.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links