Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Factory Reverse Sensor Problems.

Having some trouble with the reverse sensors on my car.

When I put it in reverse, All i get is the audiable warning that the car is in reverse. I have checked that the switch in the boot is set to the on position.

When I turned it to off there was a constant high pitched beep coming from the back of the car, But the tone didn't change when i reversed towards an object.

Has anyone had this problem before and how should I go about solving it?

They must be either a factory fit option or a dealer option. I have a manual with "lexus parking aid LPA400"

Just noticed something about dirty sensors, will give them a wipe and go from there i think.

sounds like you have a faulty sensor and someones swiched them off to stop them making the noise the kits are the same as the kits fitted to toyotas so you can get replacement sensors

to find out which sensor is not working switch them on car in reverse sensors sounding in your case

lightly touch the surface of the sensor with your finger you should feel it click very gently

each sensor should do this if you find one whcih doesnt check the wiring to that sensor has not broken

if thats ok it will be the sensor thats gone down

you can confirm that by switching sensors with another and seeing if the fault moves with the sensor!

as said wiring or ecu problem you will req a new kit.....if you do go to lexus or toyota the in the kit you get the wiring the ecu and a beeper..............no sensors..

How much are these, is it a big job to do or plug and play sort of thing?

I may just leave them turned off if it works out too expensive!

very easy to fit mate shouldnt take more than 15 mins to fit them...

think around £150

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links