Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If Anyone Would Like To Help Out

Hello.

I am currently making a Lexus IS300 for a simulator called Racer. Racer is based on real time physichs and has developed quite alot since the start.

I saw that the spec. sheet didnt contain all the info I would need to make the physichs file to the car.

If anyone could scan their car manual's specs. I would be very glad.

Also pictures of the interior is also very appriciated.

And please write down how the car handles in short words.

If anyone would like to help I will give credits to you when the car is finished.

/Anton Heyl

MOST of the IS range of cars on this site are is200

if you PM me with a clearer point of what your looking for i can help

std or modified

lhd or rhd

which spec's are you specifically looking for

I have a PDF file of an IS300 which can be made out of paper.

In other words a flat 2d image that can be folded into a 3D model.

For those of you with long memories, you might recall I offered this exclusively to GOLD members. :winky:

ajx.jpg

Bonjour,

Easy, same outside looking but :

IS200 standard : 155cv, 2L 6 pots inline engine, rear prop, 6 speeds manual gear box or auto 4 speeds

Overall Length (mm) 4400

Overall Width (mm) 1720

Overall Height (mm) 1420

Interior Length (mm) 1890

Interior Width (mm) 1440

Gross Vehicle Weight (kg) 1830

Trunk Capacity (l) min/max 400

Acceleration 0-100 km/h (auto) 11,2 sec. (manual)9,5 sec.

Maximum Speed (km/h) (auto)205 (manual)215

IS300 standard : 213cv, 3L 6 pots inline engine, rear prop, 5 speeds manual (US) or 5 speeds auto and triptronic.

Overall Length (mm) 4505

Overall Width (mm) 1725

Overall Height (mm) 1430

Interior Length (mm) 1890

Interior Width (mm) 1440

Interior Height (mm) 1165 (1125 with Moonroof)

Acceleration 0-100 km/h 8,2 sec

Maximum Speed (km/h) 230

if you want more specific infos, feel free to go there:

http://www.lexus-europe.com/

@d'taleur

Ok, externally the UK spec IS300 is identical to the IS200 Sport to look at, with the following exceptions:

- The front fog lamps have yellow bulbs in them.

- The front headlamps don't have the orange strip where the indicators are.

- The IS300 doesn't have the "Sport" motif on the rear quarter-lights.

- The model number badge on the boot.

Again, internally they are almost identical except for:

- Leather centre panels in the seats, rather than "ecsaine" ( a sort of suede material).

- eShift buttons on the steering wheel.

- Auto shift stick in the centre, rather than the manual gear change.

- LED gear selection indicator on the dash (see my avatar).

- Photochromic rear view mirrors (darken when light shined at them).

The ride height of the IS300 is the same as the 200 Sport. I don't know much about suspension geometry etc, you'll need to ask the experts here.

What's it like to drive? Pretty much the same as the other IS models. Maybe a bit quieter, and feels a bit more "planted" on the road. However, I previously did 21K miles in an IS200 Auto, so I can only really compare it with that. Suspect it's the same to drive as the IS200 Sport. The 300 has VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) but I can't say I've ever noticed it! :blush:

However.... if it's details about the IS300 "manual" that's sold elsewhere in the world (and is a lot quicker than the UK spec eShift car), try asking "Advance" - he's a member here, but he's in the States and has the manual ..... (can I stop drooling now?) ;)

:unsure:

Umm, I would have thought that if you were building a Lexus IS300 based simulator with a physics engine, you might try speaking to someone at Lexus or a Lexus dealer local(?) to you?

I'm sure that if you are making one you may need to have Lexus's agreement in the first place (if its for commercial use) and therefore might actually get some (possibly alot) of help and information from them if they agree!

Things like technical specs and permission to take photos of the car and maybe some full motion video capture.

Anyway its just a thought.

Also I think someone has a special IS340? Its supercharged or something, or am I confusing the user with the car. I'm not sure as I haven't gotten around to reading about it yet.

Duncans car looks great, and there are plenty of other excellent examples.

You don't say what colour car(s) you are looking for pictures off, don't know if you'd need them to be the same for continuity

Anyway enough rambling from me.... :yawn:

Good Luck

SparkyUK

I'm not making a Lexus IS300 based simulator..

Its sort of a 'game' but its based on real time physics and its called Racer Free Car Simulator.

I'm making the car to Racer..

I saw that the spec. sheet didnt contain all the info I would need to make the physichs file to the car.

see my first post..

sorry.. i should have read the first post :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links