Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello Guys--I need to remove the wiper arms on my ls400,I have taken off the retaining nut an tried to remove the arm, but sofar had no luck,without doing any damage is there an easy way of removing them? any ideas will be helpful

Shelldrake

Hello Guys--I need to remove the wiper arms on my ls400,I have taken off the retaining nut an tried to remove the arm, but sofar had no luck,without doing any damage is there an easy way of removing them? any ideas will be helpful

Shelldrake

Hi

The difficulty arises because you have tension on the arm which throws back the end of the arm at a angle and this bites into the knurled drive.

1/Remove the wiper wrap some tape round the end of the windscreen side of the arm to protect your screen from scratches.

2/ get a piece of softwood and place it directly below the arm where it fastens onto the drive shaft then use a angled gasket remover or small pry bar to gently lever upwards using the wood as backing moving the end of the bar round the circumference of the drive shaft this way the arm will come off without damaging either the arm ,windsceen or drive hub.

I used a two pronged pulley puller and left the nut just off the top so the puller centred on didn't slip off. Failing that do what ambermarine said but use a wide blade screw driver to put some weight on the under side of arm and tap the nut with a small hammer and that worked for me.The problem is two dissimilar metals 'welding' themselves together. Clean and lube before reassembly.

I thought to myself someone must have invented a specific tool fo doing this job and guess what!!

http://www.toollineuk.com/product.php/site/froogle/sn/VS806

Hi Steve That tool looked like the answer to the problem,so I bought one,the opening at the bottom is too small to fit under the arm,the width of the wiper base is bigger than the opening so it won't work I guess I will have to try another way. Cheers Shelldrake. :sad:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links