Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im pretty sure you only need an intercooler with a turbo

You don't actually need an intercooler with either a turbo OR a supercharger.

Science bit -> They are desirable on both because the reduction in temperature (compressing a gas causes it to get hot) results in a higher charge density. The higher the density of the air entering the system (i.e. the cooler it is), the more air you get, the more fuel you can add, and the more power output. If the air is still red hot, you simply can't fit as much in (even though the pressure might be the same or even higher), and you get less of a boost. Adding an intercooler would add a few HP to his claim of 400 (or 397 actually), enough to be significant I suspect, as most performance critical turbo or supercharger applications use an intercooler.

In English -> It goes faster B)

Your insurance company will be rubbing their hands with glee I doubt that they will insure a standard Ls400 with this mod.

Your insurance company will be rubbing their hands with glee I doubt that they will insure a standard Ls400 with this mod.

My beautiful Lexie LS400 1998 MkIV is fast enough.

Mike

Fast enough ? Ugh !!"!

For the first time ( ever ! ) I found myself in the wrong lane at the front of the traffic lights, with a car alongside me.

So what did I do, well, I should have known better. I decided to be a ( elderly now ) boyracer and floored it in PWR mode and got the most amazing wheel spin !

Luckily the ( even older ) guy in the car alongside was slower off the mark than I thought he would be so I was still 100yds ahead by the time he had left the starting grid, I mean the white line at the lights !

Maybe I should grow up !

Malc

Fast enough ? Ugh !!"!

For the first time ( ever ! ) I found myself in the wrong lane at the front of the traffic lights, with a car alongside me.

So what did I do, well, I should have known better. I decided to be a ( elderly now ) boyracer and floored it in PWR mode and got the most amazing wheel spin !

Luckily the ( even older ) guy in the car alongside was slower off the mark than I thought he would be so I was still 100yds ahead by the time he had left the starting grid, I mean the white line at the lights !

Maybe I should grow up !

Malc

The thing you must always remember is that if you get there quicker you also have to get out of your Lexus quicker and that can never be a good thing.

Mike

Fast enough ? Ugh !!"!

Maybe I should grow up !

Malc

It was me in the other car,I'll let you off with the "older guy" comment but thought you should know the only reason you did eventually get by me was because I stalled my car and had to restart the engine!!!! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links