Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 F-Sport Brake Light

Hi,

I wanted to get a light tint on my 2010 IS250 F-Sport however the tinting company said they may have an issue because on this model the rear brake light is standing on the rear parcel shelf and pushing raised onto the rear window. Therefore they may have a problem working around the light.

What I wanted to know is, has anyone had this model tinted if so how did they get around the brake light issue; and how easy is it to remove the brake light?

Cheers,

Sunny

Hi,

I wanted to get a light tint on my 2010 IS250 F-Sport however the tinting company said they may have an issue because on this model the rear brake light is standing on the rear parcel shelf and pushing raised onto the rear window. Therefore they may have a problem working around the light.

What I wanted to know is, has anyone had this model tinted if so how did they get around the brake light issue; and how easy is it to remove the brake light?

Cheers,

Sunny

Many people have had tints applied to the rear glass without needing to remove the brake light. Go to a company that know what they're doing, like Tint 'R' in Nottingham.

Many people have had tints applied to the rear glass without needing to remove the brake light. Go to a company that know what they're doing, like Tint 'R' in Nottingham.

Thanks - I am aware many people have tinted this car before however the F-Sport's middle rear brake light is different to a normal IS250. Normally the light is on the bottom on the window so it's easy to shape around, but this model its raised with 2 legs so the film needs to go around it. I will try and get a picture tomorrow to help explain. The company I am using are the largest on the South Coast and do all the tints for the local Mercedes and BMW cars amongst many others (www.sctints.com)

Hi Sunny. Have you tried posting on any American forums, as most F-Sports on them seem to have their windows tinted, so i'm sure someone will know.

Thanks - I am aware many people have tinted this car before however the F-Sport's middle rear brake light is different to a normal IS250. Normally the light is on the bottom on the window so it's easy to shape around, but this model its raised with 2 legs so the film needs to go around it. I will try and get a picture tomorrow to help explain. The company I am using are the largest on the South Coast and do all the tints for the local Mercedes and BMW cars amongst many others (www.sctints.com)

I didn't mention the 'normal' IS250. The central brake light on my IS-F is the same configuration as the F-Sport and many people have had tints applied to the rear glass without requiring removal of the brake light.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links