Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Picked Up My Is-F :)

Traded in a Mercedes SLK 350 for a USB IS-F MY2010.

Lexus Guildford were truly superb, can't thank them enough! Very enjoyable morning and driving the 'beast' is just a true delight B)

post-17402-0-92410900-1325262377.jpg

post-17402-0-04847400-1325262419.jpg

post-17402-0-85745300-1325262445.jpg

post-17402-0-78603100-1325262455.jpg

post-17402-0-14101900-1325262471.jpg

post-17402-0-65744500-1325262481.jpg

post-17402-0-23793200-1325262496.jpg

post-17402-0-52575500-1325262519.jpg

post-17402-0-17520700-1325262531.jpg

Traded in a Mercedes SLK 350 for a USB IS-F MY2010.

Lexus Guildford were truly superb, can't thank them enough! Very enjoyable morning and driving the 'beast' is just a true delight B)

Enjoy - and that is easy to do! I agree Lexus Guildford sales & support is second to none.

I thoroughly recommend Lexus Extended Warranty. Its a Lexus so not much chance of faults; but if they do happen, the costs could seriously dent a Banker's Bonus.

Just three minor things to watch out for:-

(i) Don't kerb the alloys - matching touch-up paint doesn't exist even from Lexus or BBS.

(ii) Never allow the front lip to ride over kerbs in car-parks etc. Easily done & when you reverse away, the entire front assembly can be pulled off.

(iii) The sides of the car will cover in brake-dust which embeds in the paint because it arrives pretty hot. This happens until the paint hardens with a couple of season's weathering and is due to the way air flows along the body. The dust contains iron particles that rust - so dust should be cleaned off before that happens. Unfortunately this is also true for the lacquer at the rims of the wheels.

Re-brake dust

Thanks to Tango have used Poorboys Wheel Sealant since day 1 & cleaning has never been easier to keep the precious wheels mint & that has included a fast trip to the south of France.

As for the side bodywork brake dust has never been an issue which I find puzzling.

Tel

• 3 months later...

I religiously use a Road Angel Professional Connected to retain my licence!

My first IS-F went for 20,000 miles of painless driving over 18 months, needed 2 front tyres after 10,000 miles due to incorrect camber settings...Lexus Chester thought the car was poorly set-up, but still charged me £400 for a new pair of Potenzas...tyres were worn on inner edge only so not easy to spot (and I certainly was not keeping an eye on the tread depth at such low mileage - Evo mag ran their longterm IS-F for 18,000 miles before changing tyres, and I am sure they drive sideways more than I do).

On the extended warranty front, how certain are you that you will categorically still own the car throughout this term?! Will you simply be buying the warranty for the next owner?

Grats on the new car Tony! How are finding the new suspension setup? Won't extend the warranty until close to the time. 10 k miles on tyres is very low, surprised they didn't offer up some compensation!

The new suspension is certainly more relaxing on a motorway trip...I do remember the previous IS-F was seriously jiggly and fidgety when you were simply cruising on motorway at 70mph...I remember the seatbelt would scuff on the front of my tie when I wore a suit, making an annoying chafing sound! This does not happen in the new car, yet the lack of body roll around roundabouts is still very much alive! An excellent result in giving the best of both worlds!

I shall of course be monitoring the tyre tread wear!

I also had issues with the tracking on the previous car, which Lexus Chester adjusted by way of a 4 wheel alignment on 3 separate occasions...they always commented how narrow the tolerances are, and thus how difficult it was for them to set up the car without it pulling to one side.

Happy to report the new car has perfect alignment, and I wonder whether the steering mods have been introduced to rectify this earlier issue?

Your pics are excellent, I regret not having taken some of my car when it was in the handover bay!

Keep surprising the Porsche posse !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links