Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Continental Premium Contact 2

Ive had them on my mark 4 for a year now - couldnt get avon at the time - cost abour £128 each - i drive like a grandad rarely revving over 2.5k so cant tell you much abour grip/wheel spins etc but been happy with them and didnt notice any increased road noise which is important on the LS

Cruisermark, thanks for reply...

I really wanted to keep this off the public view, but what the hell...

I've just had two PC2s fitted on the front (same on the rears a few weeks ago).

I have two concerns (which I've already emailed the manufacturer about but they have yet to reply), and these are:

(1) On one tyre specifically, there is a slight indentation on the sidewall, where (I've been told) there is an internal weld. This leads me to believe that the sidewall is not as substantial as it should be if it 'bulges out' everywhere except where the join is.

(2) When I rap the sidewall with my knuckles, the air inside rings like a bell - just like the 'ping' sound you get when you bounce a football on concrete. And, I'm hearing this same note whilst driving - not particularly prominently above background, but noticeable to me.

Pressures are 31 on the front and 32 on the back.

I'm thinking that they've economized on the sidewall thickness. I had PC2s about 3 years ago on my previous LS400, although being a Series 1 that had 15" rims. Those were fine.

I just wanted to know if these 'issues' are now typical for the PC2. I bought them specifically for their quiet ride, BTW. £550 all in. Too much to pay to have doubts.

Thanks in advance...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links