Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did it not come with fitting instructions?

If not, you can often find them online via sellers websites.

I haven't fitted one to a lexus, but have done a fair few over the years, and most are fairly easy if you're reasonably handy, though the last one I did (04 Accord Tourer) did require bumper removal and cutting.

However my Toyota Hi Ace didn't.

Be careful with the electrics, it's easy to cause expensive damage on modern vehicles, so check carefully what's required in terms of wiring kit, the days of splicing in a few scotchlocks are gone I'm afraid.

Yes came with instructions but just diagrams and no words.

It is un clear if you need to remove the bumper to fit the bar or just to make it easier to perform the cut. If its not needed to be removed to fit the bar I was planning on cutting the bumper while on the car.

As for the electrics I was going to fit the bar and get an auto electrician to fit the electrics.

Personally I would get underneath the car and trial fit the bracket, just hold it in roughly the place it should go and see if you will have access to make the required holes without removing the bumper, I know on the GS300 the back exhaust boxes also have to come off.

Good idea with the electrics using a professional.

Agreed as well on the electrics, probably safer.

My Accord bumper had to come off to remove the crash bar behind as the towbar replaced it.

Personally I'd cut it on the car, but the last one I cut, following the fitting diagram, needed more cutting when I came to offering up the bar.

As Steve says, offer it up as best you can to get an idea, and cut conservatively - you can always cut a bit more off if needed.

An extra pair of hands doesn't hurt either.

Good luck.

Mine fitted at Lexus dealer over Friday, sat and mon.

Took the fitter 16 hours against a Lexus book time of 3. I only paid for 3. I was given the fitting instructions which I read through. One book for the 12S loom. One for the12N and one for the tow bar itself.

I am amazed anyone could think it could be done in 3 hours, least of all Lexus. Lots of disassembly of trim to get the wiring through to the front end.

Bar is manufactured by Thule. A bit disappointed that the plugs are all on show but I guess packaging is a bit tight

Definitely not a DIY proposition as far as I can see!

Yes,

I think fitting the towbar is the easy bit, what took the time was the disassembly and re-assembly of interior parts to route the 12S and 12N harnesses correctly through the car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links