Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Start Customizing?

Hey guys, I'm pretty new around here. I recently purchased a 2004 IS200 Sport and am excited to do some mods to it. I will probably eventually add a supercharger once I find one at a good deal. I'm curious as to where I should start with my mods. I've never owned a vehicle that I could tune and mod. Should I start with a new induction kit? A new exhaust system? Or just wait and save up for a supercharger? I wouldn't mind doing some small stuff to help with performance. I've been also looking for new head lights and tail lights. Are there any good places to shop besides eBay?

I'd really appreciate any advice you guys could shoot my way.

Welcome to the IS200 world lol! Basically unless you want to supercharge or turbo or engine swap, there aint really any mods that are gonna give you noticeable power increases. Most people will just do styling/handling mods (Black headlights, Strut braces, Coilovers, springs, tyres) have a browse, you will see. Exhausts are obviously a common thing to do as with any car. Induction kits are to your own taste lol they wont give you a mega difference on the IS.

Happy modding.

P.s there is lextasy in the u.s you can buy from and prolex over here. Plenty of other places for specific items though.

Headlights are easy mods to do. just need the oven and paint. Rear lights aint hard either.

Any questions just ask.

If I can help I will.

I'd say start where you feel you can do things yourself. Me personally, I like to do up the inside first as thats where youll spend most of your time. e.g. changing normal bulbs to smd's in the speedo and dome light. Or if you want to start on the outside, paint the calipers whatever colour you like. Or do the headlight mod as ben said.

I started with giving my lex a really good clean inside and out and engine bay. Then I started with painting all 4 brake calipers red, then I went to the engine bay and painted my radiator clips red and a few covers red, I then see a great post on here about a diy air induction kit so I gave that a go. Then I thought ild better change the oil and oil filter, I also changed all disks and pads and checked my timing belt ( A MUST ) as I see a very good post on here. I've now fitted a Nokia car kit and next is a new exhaust system, pioneer double din CD, DVD and nav system , 35mm tein or apex lowering springs, headreast TV, DVD players, fit my sub an amp, front and rear strut brace, 18" wheels, turbo lol.

Hope that helps a bit.

Lewis

Thanks for the tips guys. I plan to do something with the headlights. Thinking I'll either go with the Halo light kit and some HID Xennon lights. I'm probably going to get the rims refurbished since it'll be a lot cheaper than buying new rims. I want to do an induction kit and put in a new exhaust system. I really want to do a supercharger, but so far the prices I have seen are a little steep. I really wanna get some better acceleration out of my car.

For the interior, all I plan on doing is changing out some of the bulbs and possibly install a new stereo and some speakers in the rear. I'm not looking to get to crazy with subs, but I would like a little bass. I find that the stock speakers are really lacking in bass.

the alloys are easily refurbished with some elbow grease ;) it'll cost you about 30 quid but you'll end up with 5 new looking alloys. You could install a 12 inch sub in the boot with an amp very easily if you get the amp-bypass cable and an aftermarket headunit.

the headlights is easy enough but if you are going to make the reflector housing black don't forget you need to remove that orange reflector for the blinker and do the fogs and rear light clusters black to otherwise it'll look like a half done job.

Don't know if you want a bodykit but i'm in the negotiations for the design of a new bodykit for the IS200. you'll find the details here clicky

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links