Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Idle Revs At 1200 Since Had Backbox Replaced!

Hi, had a blown backbox on my 99 is200 so had it replaced, I have also recently replaced ignition coils, radiator and water pump. Whilst the exhaust was blowing I noticed the revs were sitting at around 1200 whilst idle, when they normally sit at 700-800. Put this down to the blown exhaust, however the exhaust is fixed now and idle still at 1200 and engine sounds like it's working harder than normal. Any ideas?? After reading a few posts I suspect it may be throttle body but I'm new to re DIY repairs.

Cheers

preform an ECU reset, you either need to have an OBD-reader or just have to disconnect the Battery and leave it of for at least 4 hours....

changes are the ECU has gone into that mode until a reset tells it that everything is fine.

I'd say rest the ECU first and see if that helps.

Just take the negative terminal off the Battery for about 30 seconds and put it back on, that will reset it.

Then give the car a few journeys to re-learn all the settings and see if the idle comes back down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links