Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie From Highlands

mhenderson2

Just been down to Yorkshire and picked up my 2007 IS 220 and drove back home to Scottish Hghlands. Whilst driving on the motorway i was feeling a slight vibration through car. alloys had all been powder coated prior to me picking up vehicle and noticed when I got home that the back wheel profile was different to front! Stood out when looking at the car side on. Front wheel also rubs on full left hand lock!

Powder coaters must have mixed thm up when re fitting

Would this cause the slight vibration if two wheels were mixed up?

So what size tyres are fittede to which wheels? Not sure what you are referring to when you say wheel profile is different though.

Welcome to the LOC.

Are the wheels OEM or afternarket as OEMs shouldn't be rubbing and they shouldn't be staggered fitment i.e wider on the back than the front as far as I know.

The tyres would have been removed to powder coat the wheels so have they been rebalanced after refitting?

Also if the tyres are directional make sure they are rotating in the correct direction marked with an arrow, I've seen them put on backwards.

Shame you didn't notice before leaving Yorkshire as it'a a long trip back to sort the problem.

Welcome to the LOC.

Also if the tyres are directional make sure they are rotating in the correct direction marked with an arrow, I've seen them put on backwards.

Shame you didn't notice before leaving Yorkshire as it'a a long trip back to sort the problem.

I don't think that fitting directional tyres the wrong way round would give this effect. The main issues with fitting the wrong way round would be to negate the benefits of the directional tyres and of course it would also fail MOT with them fitted incorrectly.

Welcome to the LOC.

I don't think that fitting directional tyres the wrong way round would give this effect. The main issues with fitting the wrong way round would be to negate the benefits of the directional tyres and of course it would also fail MOT with them fitted incorrectly.

That's true but with the other possible issues with the wheels and possibly tyres it was just a suggestion to check this as well at the same time.

The GS300 I bought as a temporary car had one fitted the wrong way around as you say there was no indication when driving the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links