Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For a 600h SWB. Pick it up tomorrow. Taken a hell of a hit on the 2007 LWB I've had for 7 weeks. The new one is a 2009 with 15000 on the clock. Although its only 5" shorter than the LWB it 'feels' shorter than that. Difficult to explain the different drivng charactarisics but it seems nimbler. it has anti roll bars, the LWB does'nt (not that the L leans in corners).

It does'nt have the useless to me, reclining vibrating rear seat and flip down DVD screen. I can also get three passengers in the back now not two like the L. It just seems to me to be a car where its better to sit in the front seats. The LWB is better sat in the back.

The long wheelbase I think was designed to be chauffeur driven so that's why all the extra luxuries are in the rear, the SWB is the driver's version, personally I'd be happy with either.

The long wheelbase I think was designed to be chauffeur driven so that's why all the extra luxuries are in the rear, the SWB is the driver's version, personally I'd be happy with either.

I think you're right. Its surprising how few SWB there are. I don't think the SWB is available at all in the US.

Its going back tomorrow. It drifts to the left and the steering wheel is slightly turned left when driving on a straight road. I've adjusted the tyres to the correct pressures (they were way out on pick up) and I noticed it does not have the same tyres on all four corners. Nearside front: Dunlop Sport Max GT. The rest Dunlop Sport Max 101.

I didn't pick this up on the test drive, but I'm sure they will sort it.

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble.

For me, the question would be 'why is one tyre different to the others?'. My guess would be that the original one was badly damaged and punctured - and the thing I'd be asking myself is whether this has affected the geometry of the steering.

Certainly mixed tyres on the same axle are a problem, but as a minimum they should be taking the car to their favourite tyre centre to get the geometry checked as well.

Incidentally, be careful about which tyres you have - I think that all variants of the 600 need a load rating of 102 (rather than 98), and you should know whether you've got run flats on or not.

I've chosen not to have run flats on my 460 on the basis that I've got a full sized spare.

Anyway, good luck with it all.

All sorted. The left drift was cured by fitting tyres with the same tread pattern. Dunlop Sport Max 101s all round now. The off centre steering wheel corrected by electronic adjustments to do with the steering rack.

Very happy now, not so happy that the car left the forecourt in that condition, but full marks to Lexus Bristol for sorting it with no fuss.

BTW if anyone would like a Lexus Ipod integration Kit I never got round to fitting or 2007\08 Satnav update disks let me know before I stick them on eBay

Hi Mike, Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. For me, the question would be 'why is one tyre different to the others?'. My guess would be that the original one was badly damaged and punctured - and the thing I'd be asking myself is whether this has affected the geometry of the steering. Certainly mixed tyres on the same axle are a problem, but as a minimum they should be taking the car to their favourite tyre centre to get the geometry checked as well. Incidentally, be careful about which tyres you have - I think that all variants of the 600 need a load rating of 102 (rather than 98), and you should know whether you've got run flats on or not. I've chosen not to have run flats on my 460 on the basis that I've got a full sized spare. Anyway, good luck with it all.

Well done. Nice long weekend to get used to her.

Mike

Hi Mike, Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. For me, the question would be 'why is one tyre different to the others?'. My guess would be that the original one was badly damaged and punctured - and the thing I'd be asking myself is whether this has affected the geometry of the steering. Certainly mixed tyres on the same axle are a problem, but as a minimum they should be taking the car to their favourite tyre centre to get the geometry checked as well. Incidentally, be careful about which tyres you have - I think that all variants of the 600 need a load rating of 102 (rather than 98), and you should know whether you've got run flats on or not. I've chosen not to have run flats on my 460 on the basis that I've got a full sized spare. Anyway, good luck with it all.

Well done. Nice long weekend to get used to her.

Mike

Longer than a long weekend, Im taking her to Spain next weekend.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links